ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁷⁵

For once, I chose sleep over updating xD

——————————

"Truth or dare?" The age-old question. The simple question can put anyone on edge as this game was one of, if not the most, notorious game there ever was.

I bit the inside of my cheek and mulled it over. What's the worst that could happen, I thought. "I'm probably going to regret this... Screw it, truth." I was willing to play but rather played it safe. Who knew what he would dare me to do.

Itto's grin grew wide and I dreaded what would come out of his mouth next.
"Truth, eh? Be prepared to answer THIS question!..." He leaned close like he was about to tell me a secret,
"What's your favorite colour?"

I deadpanned and leaned away from, "Of all the things you could've asked, you want to know my favorite colour?" Was there some ulterior motive for this specific question, or was I just overthinking things?

"I've known you this long and I don't know your favorite colour! So are you gonna answer or not?"
"Fine, it's (favorite colour)."
  His eyes lit up, "I knew it! Alright, now you gotta ask me!"
"Do I have to?"

He gave me the infamous 'puppy-eyes' and I caved. "...Truth or dare?"
"Dare! Cuz I'm no coward!" He jabbed a thumb at himself with pride. I chose to overlook the fact he implied that I was the coward.

"I dare you to..." I looked around the room, thinking of a dare. 'Let's start with something simple.' I thought.

"Do a handstand." Without hesitation, he jumped up onto his feet. "One handstand, comin' right up!" He strode a few paces away from me with his chin held up high.

"I used to do this all the time as a kid!" He explained while he took off his coat and threw it towards me.
  I caught it and when I looked at him again, he was already upside down.
He easily supported himself with his strong arms but had to lift his head in a way that his horns did not touch the ground.

Itto grinned at me while doing it, small sweat droplets rolling down his face and onto the floor beneath. "Easy!" I thought the sight was quite hilarious and allowed a giggle to escape my lips.

"Truth or dare, Shortie!" He stated once he was upright again. He sat in front of me with his legs crossed and his hands on his thighs. He bounced on the spot like a child who's had too much sugar and wouldn't sit still.
"Truth."
"You're boring... Fine. Who is the most handsome person you know~?"

Someone's fishing for compliments...

I pretended to think about it before answering 'truthfully'.
"Ushi."
"He's not even a person!"
"If he heard you say that, he would've been very offended."
"C'mon, answer for reals!"
"I am! I think he is a very handsome boi!"

He crossed his arm angrily and sulked in silence for a very short while.
"I guess he is..."
"Truth or dare."
"Dare."
"I dare you to sing something."

I could almost imagine if he had dog ears, they would've stood at attention. "Sing? For you?" I nodded. Itto thought of a song before grinning and standing up.

"Ahem, ahem, A-HEM!" He aggressively cleared his throat and I leaned against the wall with amusement. 'This should be good.' I was actually excited to hear what he would sing.

He posed dramatically and began,
"Arataki Itto, the strongest in his class!" He flexed his arms. "Meet him in the street-o, he'll make you kiss his... Feet-o!" For a moment there, I thought he was going to same something else.

He watched me expectantly with his arms extended on either side and I slowly began to clap before clapping with more enthusiasm.
   "Bravo! Bravo! Encore! Spectacular performance!" He grinned and bowed like the stage performers do after a show and I clapped like it was the best damn show I'd ever seen in my life.

"Thank you, thank you. You're too kind~" With an air of "coolness" he strode back towards his seat. "Truth or dare?" He asked before he even sat down.

"Truth."
"Live a little! Pick dare already!"
"I'm good, thanks."
"Hmph. Fine. Let's see... A-ha! What's Mondstadt like?"

His eyes gleamed like a curious child's and I felt compelled to answer regardless that it was the rules of the game.

"Where to start... It's not all that big. A small city. They worship the Anemo Archon, Barbatos. They have this massive statue of him built in front of the cathedral, in the courtyard. The food is way different there but Inazuman cuisine isn't bad at all, I just prefer home's. There, they have this group called the Knights of Favonius! As the name suggests, it's like the Tenryou Commission."

Itto frowned and I quickly explained, "But unlike them, the Knights are cool." He stopped frowning and nodded his head. "I've actually had the pleasure to meet their Acting Grand Master, Jean. She's so cool and hardworking.
   Unlike their Calvary Captain, Kaeya... I've never seen him work, he's always at that damned Tavern. He wears an eye patch and likes to tell people he's a pirate."
   "Does he wear it for fun or is his eye actually injured?"
"No clue. But he's a huge flirt that will take any chance to sweet talk some lady. I've, fortunately, only encountered him only a handful of times but boy, can he be persistent."

Itto didn't know how to feel about this Kaeya.
"You mentioned an alchemist once?"
"Oh! Albedo! He's cool, we ran into each other in the library and he noticed that I was carrying alchemy books. He offered to help me learn the right things and since then, we always met up and he taught me a thing or two. Though sometimes, he was accompanied by a little girl named Klee. They weren't related by blood but he treated her like his little sister. They were so cute!"

I smiled and looked down at my lap, "I kinda miss them. All my friends in Mondstadt. Though none of them were my age, I found it difficult to make friends with peers. When I worked at the cathedral, the closest thing I had to a peer was this girl, Barbara. But she was an idol who was adored by her fans and there weren't much times we would hang out."

I looked up and realized I've been droning on and on and apologetically smiled at him,
"I'm sorry. I rambled there for a second."
"No, no! It's fine! I like it when you ramble!" His features stiffened once he processed his words. Too bad he had already blurted them. He lowered his head while blood rushed to his cheeks and ears, making them red.

I stared in shock. I shouldn't be this surprised given that he's just a good guy but everytime he says something like that, it feels unreal that someone can be that kind and thoughtful.

"Thank you." His gaze met mine and found that I was smiling genuinely at him. "R-Right. Don't mention it." He tried to play it off and cleared his throat.
"Your turn to ask me, isn't it?"
"Mhm. Truth or dare?"
"Hmm. Truth!"
I was surprised when he chose truth instead of dare. I had a dare in mind but now I had to think of a question.

'What to ask...' I pondered until I came across a question I had on my mind for the longest time.

"Why'd you come with me on this trip?"

——————————