ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁰

I slowly opened my eyes as I woke up. I hissed as it was too bright wherever I was and my head was pounding. I was in some sort of tent and could see sunlight attempting to shine through the material. Voices were heard just outside the tent.

Where was I exactly? No clue. I couldn't remember a thing.

'I was walking with Half-Oni, he was telling me the story of the Blue and Crimson onis, and I remember it being sad but how did it end...?'

I pushed myself to sit upright and listened in on the voices. "You boys feeling better?" I recognized Half-Oni's voice. "Yes..." Probably three people said at the same time. "Mind explaining what's going on?"

Number One was the first to speak, "Well, we were making our way to our usual meet up spot after we found your message-"

'So that means these guys must be Half-Oni's gang... We found them!'

"-We thought that we should do something to celebrate your return! So we were about to pick some lavender melons ourselves..."
"When this guy approached us and was like, 'Here, take these!' and quickly ran away!" Number Two finished his sentence.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. Their logic was... Flawed, to say the least. Not only did they accept whatever a stranger had given them, they were about to eat it, too. Don't these guys have common sense?

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I stepped outside. "So let me get this straight, this random person gave you these melons and ran off? That in itself was extremely suspicious, don't you think?"

Three unfamiliar people now had their attention on me and I saw Ushi and Arataki, too. They all had the same look of surprise as I shifted my weight on my one leg with a hand on my hip.

"So when you guys tried to roast it, there was some kind of chemical compound that reacted with the heat and the smoke it gave off made everyone, including myself, 'loopy'. That explains why I can't remember anything... but I recall Half-Oni being fine?"

The three blinked owlishly, before their heads moved stiffly downwards, then upwards as they examined my appearance. I crossed my arms in discomfort.
"Whoa, it's a girl..."
"She's kinda pretty..."
"Uh Boss? Who's this?"

The three of them wore the same black traditional kasa hats with a red markings on it. One of which markings, appears to be some kind of symbol. Their gang's symbol?

Arataki quickly hopped up and went to stand beside me, roughly placing a hand on my shoulder which made me somewhat uncomfortable.
"Fellas, this is Shor- I mean, Y/n. She's here to help out me get my Vision back! Also, I'm still waiting on a rematch with her." I narrowed my eyes at him and he simply smiled innocently.

They continued to stare like I was something alien. "It's a girl..." The one kept muttering. "Uh, nice to meet you guys." I said awkwardly but was met with nothing.

"Guys, c'mon. Give her a warm welcome!" That seemed to have snapped them out of their thoughts as they jumped up and bowed at a 90° angle.

"Sorry, Miss! My name is Mamoru!" The tall lanky one said who was also the one who kept muttering.
"And I'm Akira!" The larger guy replied.
"Genta! We're sorry, we didn't mean to disrespect Boss's girlfriend!" The one with a middle path haircut introduced himself after the other two.

At that, my face grew warm and I gazed frantically between them and Itto, who was now stepping away from me.
"Uh no, w-we're not-"
"Yeah, we're not like... That." I could tell we were both flustered but the boys didn't seem to notice much.
"Sorry again! We misinterpreted your relationship!"
"We're sorry!"
"Sorry!"