x. beauty sleep

CHAPTER X
beauty sleep

CHAPTER Xbeauty sleep

NEW YORK, USA — 2017

IT HAD BEEN TWO MONTHS SINCE NOAH HAD WENT TO GERMANY. Obviously, Tony had immediately sent him back home afterwards, back to New York.

But now, Noah's life had just went back to normal once again. He went back to fighting against small criminals, doing schoolwork and practicing on music.

Just back to the same old thing.

Today though, something different was supposed to be happening. Noah was transferring to a different school, which was actually within the district he lived in. Queens.

He had been going to Brooklyn Visions Academy for as long as he could remember now. He liked it there, a lot. But, travelling there was just took up way too much time, considering the fact that it all the way over in Brooklyn.

So, it was time for him to transfer to a completely different school that was actually in Queens. Midtown High. He didn't have high expectations for it, though.

Currently, Noah was fast asleep. He was completely sprawled out on his bed, his pillow completely covering his face, his blankets shoved onto the carpet floor.

All of a sudden, the door swung wide open, still not awakening Noah from his beauty sleep.

It was Hugo standing on the other side of the door. He saw Noah's current position, almost bursting out with laughter at the sight, but he quickly stopped himself.

"Noah?"

And with those words, Noah woke up. He continued to just lay there, unbothered to even get up.

"Mhm?"

"You have to get ready." Hugo told. "School starts in an hour."

"Ugh. Right. Give me a moment."

Hugo then walked out after hearing Noah's response. He closed the door behind himself, most likely heading to the kitchen to make Noah a quick breakfast.

Noah screamed.

He didn't want to get up. He didn't want to go to this new school. He would very much rather die.

He eventually gained up some energy, though. He shoved the pillow off his face, practically tossing it across the entire bedroom.

He rolled around, now laying on his back. He gently swiped his hand over his face, his sea green eyes fluttering open only moments later.

He groaned underneath his breath, exhausted. But, he had to get up, obviously. He steadily sat up, running his fingers throughout his dark brown curls.

Finally, he stood up. He wasn't even bothered to toss his blankets and pillows back onto his bed. He just decided to leave them on the ground for now.

"I hate everything."

And with those quiet yet firm words, Noah stumbled towards his mirror, which was hanging onto the grey walls by a single thread. It was ready to crash down anytime now.

He halted in front of the hanging mirror, admiring himself for a moment, which he did every single morning and night. Just because he loved himself more than everybody else, of course.

He genuinely didn't care about how he looked on his first day at this unfamiliar school. He didn't mind his hair being such an unruly mess. He didn't care that his expression was just tiredness.

All he wanted was for this school to live up to be good enough for him and that was it.

AUTHORS NOTE — hallo sorry for not updating this fic for a few days i got distracted aha