xvi. house party

CHAPTER XVI
house party

CHAPTER XVIhouse party

NEW YORK, USA — 2017

"WISH I HAD A GOOD CHILDHOOD LIKE YOURS."

Noah, who was sat in the passengers seat of the car, glared over at Hugo. He raised his eyebrows in surprise, allowing a few awkward chuckles to slip through his lips.

"Woah." He laughed. "Don't be so dark."

Hugo laughed, too. He chewed down on his bottom lip, beginning to park the car right in front of Liz's house, where the party was going to take place.

"I'm just being honest, kleiner."

"Too honest."

And with those words, Hugo looked over at Noah. He gave Noah a slight nod, signalling him to get out of the car as he had just parked it.

"Go on, then." He encouraged.

Noah nodded. He unbuckled his seatbelt, placing his hand onto the handle of the car door. He was about to push it open until he glanced back at his older brother.

"Have fun." Hugo told. "Call me once you wanna come back home, 'kay?"

"Will do." Noah responded. "See you."

"Bye."

Eventually enough, Noah forcefully pushed the car door open. He hopped out of the car and onto his two feet, slamming the door shut behind himself.

As he approached the buzzing house, Hugo beeped the horn to say his goodbyes before finally driving the car off.

The house was so giant. People were everywhere. Colourful lights shined throughout the entire house. Music was blasting throughout the entire street. It was complete chaos and fun mixed into one.

Eventually enough, he gained up the courage to walk on into the inside of the buzzing house.

He stumbled up the staircase, approaching the front door of the house, which was closed. He was about to place his hand onto the handle until he was interrupted.

A drunk, but teenage, couple forced themselves out of the door. They were holding onto each other for dear life, letting out muffled apologises to Noah.

Noah just glared at them. He gave them an awkward smile before walking into the lively house.

He finally entered, only to be blinded with colourful strobe lights. He placed his hands in front of his eyes for a moment, surprised by the sudden lights.

"God." He muttered.

He removed his hands from his sea green eyes, though. He glanced around the entire house, seeing people who were either dancing or drinking away. There really was no in between.