Four: So fucking naive

Mia and I were glued to the hip for the rest of the day, we got along really well. She was funny, goofy, really fucking talented and a lot like me. 

After dinner, I wanted to be alone so I left campus, driving to a local café I used to go to a lot growing up.

"Oh my, if it isn't Aspyn Hale, how are you dear?" Linda, the owner of the store gushed.

We talked as she prepared my drink before the bell rung, meaning someone had walked in.

I turned to see Hardin and Lia walk in, hand in hand. If that isn't just a slap to the face.

"I've gotta go, thank you so much Linda" I smiled before making my way out quickly.

"Wait, Aspyn just listen" Hardin called out after me. It was dark out so not many people were around.

I opened my door only for him to grab my wrist, "just fucking listen" he pleaded, running his hands through his hair.

"No Hardin, a year. One year together. I asked you if there was something between the two of you, you denied it every single time. Then you go and kiss her in front of everyone at a party and fucking humiliate me? We're done, no more chances" I exclaimed in anger.

Tears welled his eyes as he looked at me, as if he were in pain. "But that's a year, you're just going to through it away. We were so good together baby"

I scoffed, looking between him and the cafe. "Are you forgetting that you literally walked in there holding hands with her? You're so fucking Naive"

Within one swift movement my pain was stinging... he slapped me.

His demeanour dropped as we both realised what happened.

"Never fucking come near me again" I threatened, getting into my car and driving off quickly.

I can't believe that just happened. I know I said seeing him with Lia was a slap to the face but this... really was.

Once I got back to campus, I quickly went up to my dorm, shutting the door and putting my head against it as I panted.

"I'm gonna leave" I heard a girl spoke up, startling me. I turned around to see Jaxson in bed with a girl.

"Oh no, no, stay. I'm so sorry, I'll leave" I rambled, opening the door.

"No" Jaxson spoke up, letting the girl out so I avoided eye contact him.

"Get into a fight already, Hale?" he taunted.

"Yeah, with your ego" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror, a slight cut on my cheek from his rings.

Knocks began recurring against the door, so I ran over to the peep hole to see Hardin.

"Tell him to leave or say I'm not here" I spoke quietly, running behind the bathroom door.

I heard them go back and forth before the door finally slammed shut.

I peeked my head out to see Jaxson look at me weirdly. "thanks" I  mumbled. 

I stood in front of the mirror, tracing my hand over the cut before wincing. 

Jaxson walked into the bathroom, standing beside me. A little closer than he's ever been within the time i've known him. 

He reached for the cabinet, passing me a first aid kit. "Oh, thank you" I smiled weakly. 

He nodded, tilting his head to get a better look at it. "I would say that was a hook to the face but nah, that was a slap hmm?" He asked. 

I turned to look at him, furrowing my brows. "You either get into a lot of fights or watch them. Should I be scared?" I responded, confused. 

He scoffed lightly, shrugging at me before leaving the bathroom. 

My phone began blowing up, call after call, text after text until I blocked him from everything. 

Once I was satisfied with my work, I turned off the bathroom light, the only thing illuminating the room being Jaxson's phone light. 

I got into my bed, pulling the covers over my shoulders. "Do you think i overreacted?" I spoke up. I didn't expect an answer from him, just a hmm or mm mm. 

To my surprise, he kissed his teeth. "Nah, what he did was fucked up. Even i wouldn't have done that" 

I nodded before turning around to face the wall, replaying everything that happened tonight.