Eighteen: Spence

We decided to stay at my house for the weekend, so we packed our things.

Mia couldn't make it, she went on vacation with her family. Imagine that, stress free in another country where no one knows anything about you. 

"Are we okay?" He asked nonchalantly.

I smiled and nodded, "yeah but um, it'll just take time for us to settle"

I then took my ring out of my pocket and put it back on, seeing him smile.

After settling into the rooms, we made our way downstairs.

"Mum's bringing Ace later on" I chimed making Levi cheer.

We all glanced at him weirdly, so he crossed his arms.

"I may not like many people but that dog. I will kill you for him" he said seriously so we chuckled and agreed.

Jax and I went to the kitchen as I began preparing dinner.

"So... when's the last time you saw any other family?" He asked hesitantly, noticing my smile fade.

"Well mum and I were really close with my cousin Spencer, he's all I had really. I don't see my fathers side of the family. We haven't seen him in like 8 years. It kills me, he's like my twin" I explained, wiping the tears as they fell.

"I'm so sorry, that must be so hard" he whispered making me nod and smile.

"I just, I want to reunite with him and make up for all those lost years" I sighed, looking down hands.

"I know, and you will. Soon" he smiled so I nodded and smiled back at him.

"Need any help?" Jax asked as he walked back into the kitchen.

I shook my head, "I'm okay, go play with the kids" I joked.

He held up his phone, "I'm just gonna make a call" he said. 

I nodded, looking over at Kian and Levi who were laughing like maniacs. Kian glanced over at me, smiling. 

I blushed, looking away to see Jax over to the speaker, playing music. 

"Where do you want me, chef?" He asked after washing his hands.

We cooked together peacefully, letting the music fill the awkward void between us. 

Once dinner was almost ready, Jax left the kitchen before calling out to me. "Hey, can you come over here quickly?"

I furrowed my brows, confused as to why he couldn't just come to me. 

"Jaxson, I'm being a kitchen bitch" I groaned before making my way around the corner.

I covered my mouth, tears streaming down my face as I saw my cousin, all grown up standing there.

"Spence" I exclaimed before running over and hugging him tight. I never wanted to let go.

"I missed you so much, girl" he whispered before kissing my cheek.

After hugging for like 5 minutes, we pulled away, in tears.

"What- how did this happen?" I asked looking between him and Jax.

"I've got connections, Hale" Jax winked so I hugged him and thanked him.

"Reunion videos make me cry" Kian whimpered, making us laugh.

"Right, Spence, you've met Jax but this is Kian and Levi, my best friends. Guys, this is Spencer, my cousin" I introduced.

"Well aren't you all so handsome... thanks for warning me bitch" Spence glared.

I chuckled and nudged him "I've got dinner cooking, please stay" I pleaded.

Spence laughed and nodded, "God you sound like a housewife" so I glared at him.

He sat by the island as I checked on the meat. "How's Aunty Hale?"

I turned around and smiled, "She's so great, amazing. She's engaged to a surgeon who is literally an Angel. They're so perfect. I can't wait for you to see them"

He smiled before fiddling with his hands, so I grabbed them. "She has been praying for this day for so long, she's never stopped thinking about you. Neither have I, Spence"

"I can't wait to see her. I miss her so much" he sighed with a frown on his face.

"How's my father?" I questioned hesitantly making him scoff.

"Wouldn't know, I only saw him like a few times" he shrugged.

"How'd your parents take it... you coming out? I'm so sorry I couldn't be there for it" I asked, sincerely apologising.

"Girl, they been knew. They were like 'uh we know' but it's good, they support me" he smiled wide.

"So, when will she be here?" He asked, looking around.

"She should be here about now, with our dog Ace" I beamed excitedly before hearing the door open and paws pattering into the kitchen.

"Hi kids, sorry for being a little late, David's surgery just went a little later" mum called out.

She then walked around the corner and dropped her bag on the floor.

"Spence" she gasped before falling to her knees and crying so he ran over to her and hugged her.

David walked in and covered his mouth, "is that Spencer?" He asked as he hugged me.

I nodded and smiled at my cousin and mum hugging. She got up and hugged him again before pulling away and examining him.

"You're so grown, so handsome. I missed you so much, bug" she panted, making him smile wide.

"I've missed you so much Aunty" Spencer responded, hugging her again.

"H-how are you even here? I've been trying for 8 years" mum asked, in shock.

"Jaxson made this happen" Spence said as he looked over at Jax.

Before we know it he was engulfed into a hug by mum as David introduced himself to Spencer.

"Wow Aunty, you did great. Does he have a younger brother, cousin maybe?" Spence joked making mum laugh.