Seven: We're friends

I made my way to the dining hall, sitting with my friends.

"So... how was Psych with Tucker?" Mia asked wiggling her brows.

"It was good? We get along well but we're just friends" I said making Jaxson roll his eyes.

"What Jax? Whatever you're gonna say, just say it" I said, staring at him.

He scoffed then placed his hands on the table, drinking his water.

"You guys were flirting and laughing the entire time, not really just friends, are you?" He said angrily.

Is he jealous right now? This is hilarious.

"Jealous Jax? I can't help that I'm funny" I shot back, seeing him glare back at me.

"Last time I checked, you don't even talk to me or consider me a friend so don't go all Hardin on me" I scoffed before getting up and leaving.

Mia chased after me and we sat by the tree together.

"Was I too harsh?" I asked her, she immediately shook her head.

"Look, I think he has feelings for you, but he doesn't want to accept it. And he can't be jealous if he can't justify why" she explained. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"He doesn't have any feelings for me, besides resentment" I said so she made a 'you really believe that' face.

I spent most of my time with Mia until dinner. I looked around for Jax and he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Where's Jax?" I asked the guys as I put my food on the table.

"He went out" Levi shrugged so I just respected his privacy and nodded.

"I just wanted to apologise to him" I breathed out, putting my head in my hands.

Kian put his hand on my shoulder, "He's not mad at you" he assured.

I couldn't help but overthink everything I said to him, wishing I could've just taken it back.

I made my way back to the dorm, rehearsing an apology for when he gets back.

I unlocked the door to see him on his bed with his head down, so I shut the door and put my things down. 

He looked up at me revealing the blood dripping down his cheek so I rushed over. 

"Jax what the fuck happened" I exclaimed, dragging him to the bathroom.

I got out the first aid kit, examining his face. A busted lip and a cut on his cheek.

"We're friends" he mumbled, not meeting my eyes.

I sat up on the counter cause he was that tall, cleaning the wound. "Are we?" he whispered.

I stayed silent, too focused on the blood. His eyes met mine, pleading for an answer.

"Yes, Jax we are. I've been meaning to apologise for what I said, I didn't mean it" I apologised.

He stared at my face so I smiled lightly, "can you move closer, please?" I asked, reaching for his face.

He had some bruises over his body, "I'm guessing the other guy is a lot worse?" I asked making him nod and smile.

I haven't seen him smile sincerely before so I sighed and put my hand on his shoulder. "What am I gonna do with you?" I mumbled.

He put his hands on my jaw, looking into my eyes. What is happening?

He crashed his lips into mine, gently yet rushed. I didn't hesitate to kiss back, feeling him smile against it.

I pulled away, "What are you doing, Jax?" I asked. He stayed silent, biting his lip.

"We're friends" he nodded so I shut my eyes and sighed.

"What's up with you and Tucker?" he asked. Is he fucking serious right now?

I tilted my head, "We're just friends, literally" I scoffed.

He thought to himself for a second, "Friends like this?" before kissing me again, I couldn't help myself with him.

He then pulled away, "or just friends?"

I pushed him away from me, getting down.

"Just. Friends. And you can't just keep kissing me without telling me what you want. If you only kissed me because you wanted to assert dominance over Tucker then that's fucked"