Five: 1 + 1 is two

I woke up to my cheek was throbbing in pain, so I winced and stopped the alarm.

I opened my eyes to see Jaxson walk out of the bathroom with just a towel around his waist.

The tattoos cascaded down so effortlessly, they complimented his skin. I looked away and got out of bed to shower.

Once I finished getting ready, the doors burst open revealing Kian and Mia.

Levi had already come in and was playing games with Jaxson.

"What happened?" They exclaimed in unison.

I tilted my head in confusion before Mia ran up to me and grabbed my face.

"Oh, uh just a little argument with someone" I lied before smiling and sitting on my bed.

"Hardin came knocking at the door like a maniac, had to kick his ass out" Jaxson scoffed.

Mia froze for a second before she gasped and covered her mouth.

"Hardin did that didn't he?" She asked making me clench my jaw.

"What? No she came back and then he came after" Jaxson said confused.

"You dumbass, she comes back with a bruise and cut on her face then Hardin comes knocking like a lunatic. 1 + 1 is two" Kian exclaimed, throwing a pillow at his friend.

Jaxson laid back, the fact of realisation hitting him.

"It's nothing you guys, it was just heat of the moment. I've dealt with worse" I assured, embracing Mia into a hug.

"What the fuck do you mean worse" Kian gasped.

I grabbed my bag, walking toward the door, "let's just grab some breakfast" I changed the subject.

They grumbled, respecting that I didn't want to talk about it as they trailed behind me.

We all got our food, sitting at the table, talking about anything and everything.

After eating, none of us had a class so we were brainstorming ideas.

"Mini golf" Levi beamed, bopping his head so we all looked at him, scrunching our noses.

"Salsa dancing" Jaxson sarcastically added. I stuck my tongue at him and he did the same.

"Ooo manicures" Mia gushed, doing the jazz hands.

I waved to get everyone's attention, "Or y'know go to beach" I suggested.

They all gasped, agreeing immediately so we dispersed into our rooms, getting ready.

I packed extra sunscreen and snacks from the vending machine, knowing they would forget.

"That's gonna hurt y'know" Jaxson remarked, pointing at my cheek as we waited for everyone.

I nodded, "Good thing i hate the ocean huh" I shrugged, seeing him look really confused.

I grab out my book from the bag, "I do, however like reading at the beach. It's relaxing" I said, waving it around.

He stifled a laugh, shaking his head. "Such a weirdo" he mumbled.

We all made our way out to Kian's car, a jeep. Very beach trip like. Blasting music, singing along, looking out the window. Everyone did beside Jaxson.

Once we got there, the guys raced out the car, carrying all the bags as Mia and I laughed at them.

I set up a picnic rug before lying down. Kian, Levi and Mia ran to the water like children, splashing each other as Jaxson sat across from me.

"Can you just slap this on me?" He spoke up, holding a heap of sunscreen in his hands. He definitely overestimated how much he needed.

I scooted closer to him, scooping some into my hand and slapping it onto his back, literally.

He turned his head to look at me with a 'are you fucking serious?' face.

I shrugged at him, holding in my laughter. "Hale, if there is anything you'd be normal, can it be now" he grumbled before wiping the rest of it on my thigh.

I squirmed at the cold sensation before transferring it onto his back, rubbing it in.

"Next, i'm gonna put sand in the sunscreen. Exfoliate, bitch" I whispered by his ear, falling back onto the rug as i laughed.

It was a horrible threat, not even funny but his face, that cracked me up.