Fourteen: Bree

I was finally discharged from the hospital; mum drove me back to campus even after begging for me go back home.

They nodded so I sighed and checked my phone.

Kian: hey, when will you be back here?
Kian: I hope you're okay, miss you
Kian: Levi went to visit his parents, Jax is M.I.A

Levi: Seeing my parents for a few hours. Hope you and Jax patch things up

Jax: are you okay? We need to talk.
Jax: where are you? I'm worried.

I walked to Kensington and to my dorm before unlocking the dorm to see Kian sitting on my bed with his phone in his hand.

He looked up at me, his jaw dropping when he saw me.

"I was looking for you" my voice cracked.

He got up and hugged me as I cried into his neck.

"What happened? Where were you?" He asked as he rubbed my back.

"At the hospital" I whispered so he sat me down on the bed as he held me.

I then explained the situation to him as he held me and comforted me.

The door opened and Jax appeared. He looked at us concerned so I looked up at him as he came over to me.

"I-I'll give your guys some space" Kian said before hugging me a hug and leaving.

I looked up at Jax, "what happened?" He asked me as he sat beside me.

"I was just at the hospital, it's nothing. I'm fine" I shrugged.

He hugged me and rubbed my back, "I'm so sorry. I should have been there, I'm sorry" he apologised.

We then sat looking at each other, "So, tell me about the girl" I said smiling weakly.

He looked at me hesitantly before sighing.

"Her name's Bree, we met a year ago. I had a crush on her for ages, but she was dating this guy, so I let them be. She goes here so you may meet her but she's great y'know" he said, smiling.

He then looked at me nonchalantly, so I nodded.

"I'm happy for you, you deserve this. We're friends. Go for it" I said, glancing over at him and holding back the tears.

"Thank you, I'm so sorry" he apologised so I got up and faked a smile.

"I- I'll see you later" my voice cracked before leaving the room.

I made my way to Kian's dorm and knocked. He opened the door and let me in, so I hugged him as I cried.

"You're okay, you're safe" he cooed so I shook my head.

"It's not that. He chose her. I knew he would" I mumbled so he tensed up before hugging me tighter.

"I'm so sorry, he's an idiot" he sighed before the door opened.

"What's up mother-"Levi hollered before stopping when he saw me.

After explaining the situation to him and letting out all my tears, I collected myself. I splashed some water on my face, patting my cheeks as if it would help.

"Hey, it's dinner time. You gotta eat" Levi said so I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror. "Let's go" I fake cheered.

We made our way to the dining hall as Kian had his arm around my shoulder.

We met Jaxson there, so we got food as we sat down and ate. I stayed quiet as we ate.

"Hey Jaxson" a girl said smiling at him, so Kian glanced at me. 'Bree' he mouthed.

"Hey, come join us" he suggested so she sat down.

I shot a smile and tried to ignore her voice but couldn't, so I stood up.

"I-I've gotta call my parents" I said excusing myself from the table.

I went straight to the dorm, feeling the twinges and pulls on my heart strings, barely holding on. Seeing Jax with someone else, it was killing me.

After moping around, I got into bed, facing the wall so I couldn't have to see anyone.

I heard the door open before feeling Kian and Levi sit on my bed, leaning against me like a fucking sofa.

I shut my eyes, hearing giggles "Oh- uh come in" Jax cleared his throat. "Asleep already?"

"Well she was in the hospital, I'd hope she was asleep" Kain sarcastically jokes, making me stifled a laugh.

Today cannot get any worse. I lost Jaxson, I was in the hospital and now I was in a room with the guy I like, and the girl he wants.

My phone began ringing, Kian nudged me. "It's the hospital" he said so I sat up, they probably need some information.

"Hi, this is Aspyn Hale" I answered the phone. Everyone looked at me, confused.

My heart sank, receiving the call I've dreaded to receive, the one that made my knees weak and my heart tear into pieces.

I covered my mouth, attempting to process the information they were telling me.

"I'm so sorry, again Miss Hale. Please get here as soon as you can"

The call ended, please let this be some fucked up, realistic nightmare.

Voices began calling out for me, they sounded submerged.

"Gotta go" I managed to say, throwing a sweatshirt on before running out to the car park.

I drove to the hospital, almost jumping out the car as soon as I parked. The nurses looked at me empathetically, showing me to the room.

I ran in, freezing as soon as I saw him lying in that hospital bed, attached to all those wires.