Thirteen: It's complicated

It has been two days since the gala, we spent every day together. Jax was MIA for a few hours each day, we haven't gotten to talk much. I respect if he needs space.

Mia left town to visit family, so it was just Levi, Kian and I.

"What are you guys?" Levi asked making me shrug.

"I don't know, it's complicated" I mumbled as I went through my phone.

"Would you date him?" Kian asked so I smiled and nodded.

"I know about his past; I know how he is. It's not gonna be easy for him to let that go so I don't know" I rambled before the door opened.

We started talking about something else before Kian came over to me and whispered.

"This girl Jax used to really like wants to try" he said, making me heart shatter a little.

"That's good for him" I whispered back, faking a smile.

We then went to the dining hall for breakfast and ate.

Jax was typing away on his phone, so I rested my head on Kian.

"It's gonna be her" I whispered so he looked at me and shook his head.

"I see the way he looks at you, cares for you" he assured but I couldn't help but overthink it.

After eating, Kian and Levi had to go see Jones so Jax and I went to the dorm.

I sat on my bed, looking at him as he stared at the phone.

"Are you okay?" I asked, grabbing his attention. He looked up and hesitated.

"There's this girl, I used to really like her, she's in our psych class. She asked to try" he nonchalantly explained.

I can't lie, it hurt actually hearing it.

"That's... great" I fake smiled so he stood up.

"I don't know, I like you but I don't know. Yes I liked her but it's all so confusing" he defended so I gulped before standing up.

"You don't know how you feel about me, and I'm not about become an option. I'm not one of the two behind door a and b. I like you, and I want you but if you can't see that, or if it's not enough. If it's not what you want then I hear you loud and clear" I said, fighting back tears.

He stayed silent so I shut my eyes, feeling a tear roll down my cheek.

I grabbed my car keys and left the room, passing Levi and Kian.

"What happened?" Kian asked with worried eyes,

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing" I mumbled before making my way out.

I found myself in front of Hale Industries. Would I dare to step foot in it? No.

There were paparazzi at the front, a crowd. Apparently, there's a new launch based on the billboard.

My heart sank, seeing the paparazzi jump up, snapping photo after photo. It was as if my body had a mind of its own getting out of the car and approaching them.

"Move kid, get out the way" they hassled, nudging me in every direction until I felt a sharp pain in my face.

They looked at me as the car drove away, "That's what you get for getting in the way" they exclaimed.

I jumped back into my car, feeling the rush of pain hit me as I turned into the hospital. I looked at myself in the mirror, blood gushing. That scar was literally just healing, today cannot get any worse.

I walked inside, nurses rushing over. I guess I looked crazy.

Once I was in the bed, I felt a rush of panic take over me. "I-I need my dad" I managed to wince through the pain.

She looked at me concerned, "I need your name darling"

I told her before letting the tears take over, pulling my knees to my chest as I cried.

"We've contacted your mother, she will be here soon. Your father is not listed as a contact" she explained.

My breathing got heavier as I cried, feeling my chest tighten, like I couldn't breathe. "dad, my dad" I repeated through the attack.

She tried to calm me down, calling for another nurse until I heard a familiar voice.

"Aspyn? oh my god" David called out, sitting beside me so I hugged him, crying against his shoulder.

"She's asking for her dad" the nurse informed.

"Okay kid, if you give me your phone, I can call your father" he said as he put his hands on my shoulders.

"I wasn't asking for Adrian" I managed to wince.

He furrowed his brows before gasped and hugging me.

"I'm here kid, I'm not going anywhere" he comforted. I smiled and cried into his shoulder.