Twenty: Dancing, darling

The drive home was quiet. Kian drove as I looked out the window, replaying every second of that encounter.

We went inside the house to see that the guys were still asleep.

Kian went into the kitchen, looking through the fridge. "I don't know how to cook pancakes" he pouted making me laugh.

I started playing music as I showed him how to make the batter.

"ON THESE DAYS THAT FEEL LIKE YOU AND ME HEARTBREAK ANNIVERSARY" We sung loudly as Kian mixed the batter.

Jaxson walked into the kitchen, laughing at us. "Aw c'mon Jax bear" I teased.

He shook his head, flopping onto the couch so I turned to Kian who had his back to me, cooking the pancakes. 

He had a pretty back, the way the muscles contract and relax. Also few freckles I know he would let me play connect the dots with.

I stopped staring and helped him plate the food, distracting myself with the music playing. 

"Kids, breakfast" Kian called out as he laughed, watching Spencer and Levi scramble over.

After eating, we all began playing the switch, so I sat between Kian and Jax. "let's throw a party" I spontaneously suggested.

* Two Hours Later *

"Wow, you look great" Jax grinned, putting his hand on my waist.

I smiled up at him, "thank you, so do you" I responded before making my way downstairs to see Kian and Levi.

"Aw you two are almost matching" I chuckled making them look each other up and down and groan.

"You, however, look beautiful" Kian beamed, rolling his sleeves up. I blushed, shaking my head at him.

After a few hours and drinks later, I was tired and uncomfortable in my dress.

I made my way upstairs, couples making out in the hallway, yuck.

I walked past Jaxson's room, hearing voices so I opened it. "Uh please don't-" I said before freezing to see another girl on his lap as he placed kisses on her neck.

I shut the door quickly, leaning against it as I covered my face. I can't believe it – him.

I ran to my room, changing into a sweatshirt and shorts before lying in bed.

Was he drunk the last time I saw him? Yes. Is that a valid excuse? No. Did it hurt me? Not really, I was more shocked. 

I heard my door open and shut gently, footsteps shuffling toward the bed.

"Hey gorgeous" Kian's voice beamed before lying down beside me. I hummed, turning to face him.

He had that cheeky smile, "What happened?" he asked softly, propping. His elbows up.

I pressed my lips, resting my chin against my palms. "Accidentally walked in on Jaxson with a girl, it was gross" I fake gagged.

"I'm so sorry, love. I know you guys were um gonna try again" he sighed, slightly pouting his bottom lip, it was adorable.

I shook my head, "After he chose Bree I kinda just don't really trust him" I shrugged.

He stared at me for a few seconds before standing up, extending his arms.

"Up" he grinned sheepishly, taking my hands into his.

The music was practically vibrating through the house. He put his hands on my waist after guiding my arms around his neck.

"What are we doing?" I chuckled, watching as he shut his eyes, swaying us.

"Dancing, darling" he grinned. 

I let my arms fall, my hands caressing his neck. I took this time to soak in his features; his hair, soft lips, beautiful lashes, jaw, his eyes.

Oh god his eyes, he caught me staring. He smiled at me, "Okay your turn" he whispered. 

My turn to what? He chuckled, caressing my face "Shut your eyes" 

ohh, you idiot. I shut them, taking a deep breath. What is he doing to do?

He was silent for a few seconds, his hand trailing down the side of my face. "You're trying so hard not to open them huh" he whispered. 

His breath was minty, no trace of alcohol whatsoever.

I nodded my head before feeling his soft lips against my head. My eyes fluttered open to see him, that smile on his face.

He gestured toward my bed so I fell onto it, feeling the cold sheets against my body. 

After hearing him shuffling around, he pulled me up showing me an oversized shirt and shorts. He knows the routine. 

I put my arms up as he slipped the shirt over before placing the shorts beside me. I changed as he faced the wall. He was so respectful.

I cleared my throat, letting him know I was done so he turned around, smiling. "Aw" he chuckled, pulling the blanket over me.

I pat the spot beside me so he slipped his shoes off, sitting against the headboard. I nuzzled against his chest, shutting my eyes. 

"Goodnight Kian" I mumbled, feeling his lips press against my head. "Goodnight darling"