Twenty Five: Level 4

*Next Day*

Kian had a meeting to get to so I sat on the bed, watching as he paced around the room.

He walked out of the bathroom in dress pants and an unbuttoned black shirt.

My eyes wandered, remembering the night in the hot tub. His body against mine, his warm lips, the way his hands felt against my skin.

"I'm sorry to leave you, I'll be back as soon as I can. Please sure you eat lunch" he said, frantically reaching for his buttons.

I chuckled, tugging on his shirt so he was in front of me.

I began buttoning it, "I will, I'm going to see my dad for lunch at the hospital"

His eyes were locked on me, making me nervous as I finished the last few buttons.

His hand traced up my shoulders, to my neck until reaching my jaw.

He smiled before closing the gap between us, bringing his lips against mine.

"I will never get enough of your kisses" he whispered. 

I gently pushed him away so he could finish getting ready. We walked out to the carpark together, sharing one last kiss before separating into our cars and driving off. 

I made my way to the hospital, going onto the elevator.

I leant against rail, waiting patiently. Ding. Ding. Ding. Level 4.

The doors opened so I looked up to see Adrian who seemed just as shocked to see me.

"W-what are you doing here?" He asked, standing beside me.

I glanced at the directory, feeling my chest tighten. Level 4: oncology.

"Just meeting David for lunch" I managed to say, before turning to him.

He froze, glancing at the directory then pressing the emergency stop button, bringing it to a halt.

"How long have you known?" I asked, feeling a lump form in my throat.

He sighed, rubbing his temples. "It's new. I just got the diagnosis"

I held onto the rail, pinching myself. It's not a dream, this is real life.  

The elevator doors opened on my floor, "I'll talk to you later" I stated, quickly getting off.

He called after me but i couldn't, i just needed to think. To process it. 

I walked into the cafeteria, spotting David and greeting him. I tried my best to not get distracted or zone out, I felt so out of place. 

"Is everything alright love? You're barely eating" He asked, pointing at me food. 

I looked down to see that i separated everything, almost having a full plate. 

"Um I'm just not really hungry" I said, smiling weakly. 

He nodded slowly, handing me a juice box. He always knew when not to ask questions and just hand me something he knows I'd want. 

His pager went off so he checked it before hugging me, "I gotta go but i'll talk to you soon kid, be safe" he spoke quickly. 

I sighed with relief, no hiding from him anymore. 

I left the hospital, driving straight to campus. Kian, I needed Kian. 

As soon as I parked my car, I made my way to Kian's dorm, knocking on it.

He opened it, letting me inside before shutting the door. "Levi insists on sleeping in your bed tonight" he informed.

I leant against the table, trying to process everything. I just accidentally found out that my father brain tumour and I'm the only one who knows.

"Is everything alright darling?" Kian asked concerned, caressing my face.

I looked up at him, he looked fucking amazing. His lips, I need his lips.

I hooked my index and middle finger between his belt, pulling him toward me, feeling his lips finally against mine.

He pulled away hesitantly, looking into my eyes. "please, just kiss me" I begged, my lips tingling at the loss of sensation.

"please baby" I added, knowing the reaction that would spark.

He placed me onto the table, deepening the kiss as I pulled him closer to me, humming at the friction between us.

My hands began unbuttoning his shirt, my lips trailing down his jaw, to his neck as he breathed heavily.

I needed to forget, to not think about it or let it process yet. That I could lose the father I only just got back.

His hand was gently placed around my neck, making me look up at him. I breathed out, watching as he looked at me hungrily.

"Please tell me if you ever get uncomfortable" he instructed so I nodded, feeling his kisses follow through immediately.

His hands rested on my waist, I needed him. I guided his hands down, feeling him pull me closer as we both quietly gasped.

I tugged on his belt, hastily trying to take it off. He stopped me, looking into my eyes. "Please Kian" I whispered.

He hugged me, running his hands through my hair, "Everything will be okay love" he whispered, as if he sensed something was wrong.

Within a second of feeling his warm, safe embrace, my body gave in. I began sobbing against his chest, hugging him tight.

"I got you, I do" he cooed, rubbing my back as he carried me to his bed, lying down with me on top of him.

He wiped away my tears, bringing my face up to look at him. "you and I against the world, baby" He spoke softly.

I shut my eyes, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that" I apologised, feeling so guilty.

He shook his head, telling me not to apologise, that everything will be okay.

"I bumped into my father. He was diagnosed with a brain tumour, they're doing further tests but Kian, I can't lose him. I can't"