Twenty Eight: Apocalypse?

After wishing him luck and watching Giana say her goodbyes, she looked up at me.

I looked down, taking the phone from her hands to see photos of Kian and I.

"Dad says we're gonna go see him" she buzzed, running in circles around me.

I chuckled, nodding at her. "Yeah, let's go" I breathed out.

I drove to campus; he should be there. I held Giana's hand as she looked around, following me toward the Kensington building.

I knocked on the door with no hesitation, waiting to see his face.

Levi opened it, looking at me confused. 

"Kian, where is he?" I asked, feeling Giana squeeze my hand lightly.

"He said he was going for a walk, I don't know" he responded, shrugging.

I groaned, trying to think of where he could be.

"Maybe in the tower looking for you" Giana spoke up, ringing bells in my head.

I thanked Levi before making my way up the stairs, hearing Giana sing along like we were in the movie.

I stopped, staring at the door. "What if he's gone" I whispered.

She hummed before opening the door, dragging me out with her.

She was right. He was here. Standing by the ledge, looking at us confused.

I took a deep breath, staring at him as he did the same. 

"Go" Giana said shyly, pointing at Kian.

I ran into his arms, feeling his warm embrace as I cried onto his shoulder, feeling every emotion at once.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Kian. I hurt you, I left, I gave up" I whimpered as he rubbed my back.

We pulled away, looking at each other. "Was there an apocalypse?" he asked, lightening the mood.

I chuckled before cupping his face, "Darling please don't apologise. You had to, for you and I'm so proud of you" He said, wiping my tears.

I leant into his hand, I missed this, him. "Please tell me you didn't meet the one" I whispered, afraid that I was too late.

He scoffed lightly, shaking his head. "Does Levi count, he gave me some cuddles" He asked jokingly.

We felt a tug on our shirts, so we looked down to see Giana. "And now you kiss" she said all knowingly.

Without hesitation, he cupped my face, bringing his lips to mine. I felt like I was floating, on cloud 9. I felt like Rapunzel when she finally saw the lights.

"And I love you, Kian" 

He smiled wide, kissing me repeatedly until Giana groaned.

"I remember you, Giana. I'm Kian" He greeted, kneeling in front of her.

She gasped shyly, shaking his hand. "You're Flynn Rider" she sung along, dragging both of us back to the stairs.

"I don't like heights" she muttered, holding onto our hands as we walked down.

We chuckled, walking to the car as she rambled about tangled.

I explained everything to him in the car, distracting Giana with my phone.

He put his hand on my thigh, squeezing it, comforting me.

We made our way inside, sitting in the waiting room as Giana played in the kids area.

Kian wrapped his arm around my shoulder, kissing my head. "Everything will be okay"

I smiled, kind of believing it. I've gotten close to my little sister, I'm out of the house, I've got my love back. He has to make it. Adrian has to.

"Aspyn?" Dad's voice spoke up, startling me.

I looked up to see him put a chart away so I got up and hugged him.

"What are you doing here sweetie?" he asked, analysing my face.

I cleared my throat, trying to give myself the courage to say it.

"Um it's Adrian, he's in surgery, one that has a low freaking chance of survival and he asked me to become Giana's guardian which I am more than willing to but I really don't want to lose him, Dad" I rambled, maybe talking a little too fast.

His smile faltered, he still understood. He hugged me again, "Everything will be okay, we have the best surgeons here" he assured.

I stepped away, realising something. I never told him. I never told Adrian that I loved him or that I forgive him.

My vision became blurry, voices around me were distorted, I felt like I couldn't breathe.

I felt arms wrap around me, the familiar scent filling the air. "I didn't tell him, I'll never get to tell him" I cried, soaking his shirt.

He sat down with me on his lap, "Breathe baby, just like this... there you go"

Dad passed me a water bottle, knowing it would help and it did. They both helped.

I rubbed my temples, "I never told him" I whispered in disappointment; with myself.

Kian cupped my face, levelling with me. "He knows darling, I promise. You'll be able to tell him in 3 hours"