Eight: To drink, idiot

I walked out of the bathroom to see Jax look up at me, "About last night-" I cut him off. "I know, Jax"

He nodded, walking into the bathroom so I could change.

Kian, Levi and Mia walked in laughing just as Jax walked out of the bathroom, looking between the two of us.

"Aw you two have the same cut" Levi pointed out, as if it were cute.

We walked out to the dining hall, grabbing breakfast together.

"Is it true you fucked Tucker?" a guy asked making me look at him in disbelief.

We worked together in the library for a psych assignment, that was it?

"What the fuck, where did you hear that?" I scoffed making him point at Tucker who was surrounded by his friends, smirking.

Jax shot up, making his way over to them angrily. I followed behind, "Let me" I instructed, walking in front of him.

"Are you fucking serious? Making rumours about us sleeping together? Is it so hard on your ego to admit that you could just study with a girl? Are you that fucking insecure?" I exclaimed, crossing my arms at him.

Tucker smirked, puffing his chest like a goddamn ape. "C'mon babe, you know how good it felt" he winked, only enraging me.

Within a second, Jax had tucker up by his collar. "You're fucking pathetic, don't ever run your mouth about her again" he threatened, pushing him off and leaving the hall.

Why did he just stand up for me? why the hell did he even care?

My friends immediately came to comfort me, I just needed to leave so I did.

I went back to the dorm, grabbing a few things before waiting for the elevator.

I stepped inside, watching as it began closing before being opened again.

Tucker walked in awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with me. "Look, I just wanna-" I cut him off by leaving and quickly taking the stairs.

It was a workout but worth it to avoid him. Once I reached the ground floor, I put my hands on my knees as I caught my breath.

"Hale?" I heard Jax call out so I looked up and flashed a smile.

"Why the fuck did you take the stairs?" he asked confused.

I tried to talk but was too out of breath so he passed me his water. Why was he being so nice?

"To drink, idiot" he scoffed so I grabbed it, drinking some before smiling.

"I was actually trying to ask if you had any std's" I chuckled, passing it back.

He stood there waiting for my response, "Oh, I went on the elevator but Tucker walked in so I dipped" I half shrugged.

He immediately tensed up, "Did he hurt you?" He asked lowly. I shook my head.

"I've gotta go see my mum and David for lunch, I'll be back for training. Bye Jax" I said before leaving. 

I drove 25 minutes to David's house, to see his car parked out. 

I got out the car and made my way into the house to see them standing by the island.

"Hi mum, hi David" I spoke up as they pulled me into a hug.

I sat on the stool and smiled at them as David put two slices of pepperoni pizza on a plate then sprinkled it with chilli flakes. Just as I like it.

"You remembered" I said excitedly as he passed it over to me.

He chuckled and nodded, "Of course I do, kid"

Mum sat beside me, watching me stuff the pizza in my mouth so I turned to look at her, taking a big bite.

"That wasn't from volleyball was it?" She asked as she caressed my face.

I swallowed my food then cleared my throat before I shook my head.

"Hardin and I broke up on Sunday. He came to the dorm to tell me and the boys that Max was throwing a party. We all went then we gathered around to play truth or dare. Hardin was dared to kiss the prettiest girl in the room" I explained before glancing into my mum's concerned eyes.

"And he got up... to kiss Lia" I blurted. She gasped and then made a disgusted face.

"He did what?" David asked also in shock. I chuckled at their reactions and nodded.

"Lia as in the girl you were always so worried about?" She scoffed. I told her almost everything, mums my best friend. 

"Wait so how did this happen?" She asked, looking like she went through the five stages of grief.

I swallowed the pizza in my mouth and glanced at my food, I couldn't bare to see their face with what I'd say.

"I went to the cafe I love, the next day to blow off some steam. He walked in with Lia so I went to leave and he stopped me by my car. He tried to talk to me but I kept telling him to fuck off, next thing I know I got a big ol' slap across the face. It looked like he had seen a ghost when he realised so I got into my car and drove off" I explained.

Seeing the blood boil in David's face, he placed his hands on the island and looked down.

I felt mum hug me tight so I rubbed her back in comfort. 

"I know I made an oath to heal but I could probably heal him after ripping his heart out" David muttered angrily. 

I smiled at his comment, "He came to the dorm right after, banging on the doors so I hid in the bathroom as Jax made him leave. I'm so glad Jaxson was there" I assured them so they took a deep breath.

Before I knew it, David made his way over and engulfed us in a big hug.

These made me happy, I don't usually like affection but from them, I do.