Noelle x Reader ♡

Noelle left the Knights of Favonius headquarters, looking saddened.
I stood beside the steps waiting for her.

"So... how did it go?" I asked her politely. Noelle had been trying to become a knight from day one, but she has had no luck whatsoever.

"...I did not get in. I do not understand what I am doing wrong." I could sense she was holding back her tears.

I helped Noelle with her box full of equipment and started to walk back to our home.

"I'm sorry. There's always going to be a next time, okay?" I tried my best to reassure her she'd get in soon.

"I do hope so, I very much want the responsibility of protecting not just the civillians of Mondstadt, but everyone that I can within my full potential."

I smiled to myself. She was so passionate about saving and making sure everyone was okay. Noelle was such a sweet girl.

"Don't worry. You will get in within time, my dear." We eventually arrived home. I kicked off my shoes and got into my pajamas, as the entries for the KOF took all day to wait for. It was around 10pm.

After I got ready for bed, I snuggled under the covers and waited for Noelle.
To my surprise, she did not show up.
"Elle, where are you?" I raised my voice a little so she could hear me. I heard faint sniffing from the hallway.

"O-Oh! Yes, I will be right there..." She got up and walked into our shared bedroom with her pajamas on.
Noelle's cheeks were red and her eyes were puffy. I soon realized she'd been crying.

"Awh, sweetie, don't cry..." She got into bed with me and I wrapped my arms around her. Even the slight affection was enough for her to burst into tears.

"It's okay, I'm here..." I whispered, stroking her silver hair. It felt fluffy and smooth.

"I-I... I just want to... b-be there for Mondstadt..." She managed to stutter out while tears streamed down her pale skin.

"It'll be alright, Elle. I think Jean sees herself in you, and wants you not to overwork yourself and to put your health first. I promise everything will be fine." I lightly planted a kiss on her head. Noelle let out a few sighs after a few minutes, signalling she'd stopped crying.

"Let's go to sleep, it's quite late. In the morning I will make you a delicious breakfast and we can spend the day together. Does that sound good, hmm?" I quietly asked her.

"T-That'd be lovely, thank you..." Noelle smiled and shut her eyes, laying close to me.

"I love you..." I replied.

"I... I love you too..."