Chapter 20

JISOO'S POV

No, this is not happening. Please tell me that I'm just dreaming. Please this can't be real.

"Dad..."

"Jisoo, this is the best for you."

I clenched my fist that's resting on my lap. Then I looked up to my Dad.
"You can't do this to me."

"I'm your Dad. You need to obey me."

"NO! All my life, I let you control my life but this? You want me to marry a man that I don't even know and I don't even...love!"

"KIM JISOO!"

I flinched when my Dad raised his voice to me.

I gulped. But I still looking at him. I had enough. I can't let this happen.

"No, Dad. I can't and I won't marry him!"

"Whether you like it or not. You will marry Haein after you graduate. End of discussion."

I shoot a glare at my Dad and I stood and went out of his office without saying anything.

Fuck.

What am I gonna do?

---------

"Mr. Kim, I think we will have a problem with your daughter." Mr. Jung said.

"Don't worry. She'll come around. She was just surprised and I know eventually she will like Haein. I can see that he is a good man." Mr. Kim smiled

"If you'll let me, Mr. Kim. I will court Jisoo until she falls for me." Haein smiled back

"Hmm. That would be great. Please take care of my daughter."

"Of course, I will, Mr. Kim. I will not disappoint you."

---------------

Jisoo didn't drive her car. She is now walking somewhere lifelessly.

Until she reached the park and decided to sit on the bench.

Tears started to fall.

"I... just w-want to be...happy. W-Why....is it so h-hard" She covered her face with her palms and cried her eyes out.

After a while, she heard her phone ring. She sniffled and wiped her tears before getting her phone from her pocket.

It's Jennie. The one who is calling her is Jennie.

She was hesitant to answer the call. What would she say to the brunette? She's scared of what will happen.

But she needs Jennie now. So she took a deep breath before answering the call.

"Hey, love! I know we're just together earlier but I miss you. Where are you? Are you still in the company? Did you eat your dinner?" Jennie said cheerfully from the other line

Suddenly, Jisoo started sobbing again.

"Chu? Are you crying? What happened?" Jennie asked worriedly

All Jennie could hear was Jisoo who is still sobbing.

"Baby where are you? Please tell me. I'll go to you."

Jisoo sniffled. "J-Jendeuk...I...n-need you...p-please"

"Yes baby, but please tell me first where are you now? Please stop crying. You are making me worried."

Jisoo tried to calm herself and stop herself from crying.
"P-park...near the company"

"I'm on my way now. Don't go anywhere. Wait for me, okay? I love you."