Chapter 26

They all looked at Haein with their wide eyes including Jennie.

"W-What did you... s-say?" Jennie stuttered

They are all waiting for Haein to speak and then suddenly.

"You should've seen your faces! That was so funny." Haein burst out laughing

Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you saying?" She asked Haein

"I w-was just... k-kidding, Jisoo." He said between his laughter

Rosé and Lisa just released a relieved sigh and went back to eating.

Jisoo was relieved too but this joke is not funny at all. He finds Haein a funny guy sometimes but this time, he's not. He just made Jisoo's heart pound so fast because of nervousness.

Haein stopped laughing and looked at Jennie. "I'm just messing with you. I'm sorry but should've seen your face but maybe it's because you are so confused about what I'm saying, not because I found your secret, right?" He said jokingly.

Jennie just force a smile, he just punched him mentally.

'Can he stop joking? We are not even close. I'm relieved that he was just kidding but fuck him!" She mentally cursed him

"Oh. Y-yeah I was confused about what you were saying." Jennie chuckled awkwardly

He chuckled "but...are you really gay?" He asked Jennie.

"Yes, I am," Jennie replied.

Haein nodded slowly and asked again. "I was just joking earlier but do you like, Jisoo?"

Jisoo's eyes widened with the sudden question then she looked at Jennie waiting for what her girlfriend would say.

'He's getting to my nerves already.' Jennie thought

"What kind of question is that? Jisoo is my friend." Jennie tried her best to reply in a casual way

"But it doesn't mean that you can't like her."

"I don't. I'm already in love."

It's true though, she doesn't like Jisoo because she loves her.

Haein smiled widely and Jennie stopped herself from rolling her eyes at him.

"Really? So you have a girlfriend now?" He asked.

Jennie just hummed in response, she just want to change the topic but Haein still keep on asking.

"Where is she? You should've invited her"

"She's busy," Jennie replied shortly

Jisoo cleared her throat. "Uhm. Haein, let's have a sleepover later" she butted in to make Haein stop from asking questions to her girlfriend

"Sleepover? Where?" He asked

"In our house. Dad will be on a business trip for 3 days, right?"

"Yes."

"But can you ask Dad first? He trusts you, I know he will agree if you are the one who will ask permission."

"Of course, babe. I'll call him in a while. Let's eat first." Haein grinned at Jisoo

Jisoo didn't have time to react to that because Jennie choked on her food.

"Jendeuk, are you okay?" Jisoo asked worriedly

"Y-yeah. I'm okay, chu." Jennie grabbed a glass of water to drink.

"Oh, by the way, I am not joking earlier when I said that I will tell not it to Mr. Kim. I know he is homophobic so your secrets are safe" Haein smiled widely at them before taking a bite on his food.