xxxix. nauseous

CHAPTER XXXIX
nauseous

CHAPTER XXXIXnauseous

TITAN — 2018

EVERYBODY ACTED ACCORDING TO THE PLAN. They were all hidden behind pieces of rubble and structures, awaiting for the appearance of Thanos.

Stephen was supposed to be sitting in the middle of nowhere, awaiting for Thanos' arrival whilst everybody else hid behind rocks and other small things.

Then, finally enough, the purple Titan had arrived. He shifted through a smoky blue portal, closing it with the Space Stone only moments later.

"Oh, yeah." The wizard murmured.

Thanos had finally noticed Stephen. He glanced up, making eye contact with the wizard. He didn't seem to react to it whatsoever.

"You're much more of a Thanos."

"I take it the Maw is dead." Thanos assumed.

Stephen leaned forwards, still sitting down on a fallen structure. He looked over at Thanos, giving him confirmation by nodding his head.

"This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission."

As Thanos spoke, he began to slowly approach Stephen, his eyes laid upon the emerald green Time Stone.

Stephen looked down at the glowing stone, which was hung around his neck. He then glanced back over at Thanos.

"You may regret that." He told. "He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts."

"And what do you think he brought you?"

"Let me guess." Stephen assumed. "Your home?"

"It was."

And with those words, Thanos held the infinity gauntlet up. He activated the Reality Stone, the abandoned planet transforming into a lively green planet. From pieces of rubble to gorgeous fields.

"And it was beautiful." He told. "Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

"Genocide."

"But random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass."

And with those words, Thanos deactivated the Reality Stone, the beautiful view of a city transforming back to an old abandoned scene.

"Congratulations." Stephen said with sarcasm. "You're a prophet."

"I'm a survivor."

"Who wants to murder trillions?"

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers." Thanos explained.