the birthday

*not part of the story trying something new tell me if you like it or not*
when i was young i craved the attention from a family that was supposed to love me. i would call there names but got no reply. i started working. so hard so maybe i could show them i was worthy of their praise. i would show my perfect scores and the only thing i got in return was a "show me in a minute i'm doing something for your brother." well that minute became 10 then an hour those hours became days, days to weeks, weeks to months. then i stopped. maybe if i just stopped trying i would get their attention and they would try and help. i stoped going to school, my grades dropped, calls got sent home but the only reply to those calls was a voice mail.

one night i came home from the park where i wasted the hours away. i heard talking and laughing from inside. they couldn't have forgot about me. i opened the door and slammed it shut. i stomped past the kitchen where they all ate talking like they haven't forgotten a family member. suddenly they all got quite. " hey tommy where were you? we were looking for you." wilbur said. " if you were looking you would have called me." i spat back. " huh i guess we didn't think of that." he replied with a nervous laugh. i just scoffed and went up stairs. " wait where are you going mate?" " to bed, where else old man." i spat going up the stairs."don't talk to dad that way." techno answered back. "oh shut up"

it felt like these stairs went on forever. they started saying stuff to me but i couldn't here anything but the ringing in my ear. i don't know why but i thought they were better than this. i thought wilbur was better than this. he was the one who was supposed to be there for me now just letting me rot away to be forgotten.

and on my birthday too.