Part 1

I thumped my suitcase down in front of the doorstep. 'Mam, that will 50000 won,' my uber driver exclaimed as I handed him the money with a smile.

'So, have you moved into your new house?' Emily asked as I nodded. 'I did this morning. It was hectic, for sure. Tomorrow I will go furniture shopping. Then my classes start from Monday,' I replied as I gulped down the little coke left in my soda. 'Sorry Mel, got to go. My mother is calling me from downstairs. How I wish I could live alone. Anyway, bye,' Emily screamed as I cut the call.

'Hey mom,' I facetimed my mother. 'Hey kiddo. How's it going?' she asked. 'Good,' I replied vaguely. 'Good as in good good or good bad?' she asked me again. 'Mom! Good good,'I said impatiently. 'That's my little girl. Now, have you met your neighbors?' she asked peeling some nuts. 'Nope. I plan on doing it tomorrow after furniture shopping. Mom, it's already past 9, I am going to sleep,' I said and yawned. 'Alright sweetie, call me if you need anything. Good night,' she said and hung up.

I got up from the chair I was sitting on and dumped the pizza box and soda bottle into the dustbin. Gosh I need a couch. And a kitchen. I loved cooking but cooking without any equipment was not possible. You see, me moving to this town was highly coincidental. My parents were going through the separation stage and I did not want to live with either of them. I didn't want any one of their feelings to get hurt. So I moved to this town, where my maternal aunt lives. I would have lived with her but she has four children and living with them was troubling. I moved just my bed to this town, along with...I guess, me.

I went upstairs and went into the room I had chosen for myself. Living alone was weird as it is. I did not have to knock on anyone's door to enter it or ask someone to cook me food. I brushed my teeth and quickly dusted the bed. Taking out one of my mythology books, I began reading it, waiting for sleep to come. A few minutes which felt like an hour passed. To be true, I was afraid to sleep alone. What if someone breaks in? Leaving my thoughts behind, I closed my book and opened the curtain a little to let the moonlight pass through my dark room. 

I definitely didn't expect what I saw. A shirtless guy with blonde mullet hair. He was hot and also good looking. Wait, am I checking him out? No way. I shook my head to get my thoughts out. Pull yourself together Hyerin. I skeptically looked back at him and saw that he was about to go into the washroom. Just as I was about to cover the window, the guy looked directly at me. It was creepy, for him. Imagine a girl looking at you at 10:30 at night. He raised his eyebrows as I ducked. SHIT, SHIT, SHIT. This wasn't supposed to happen. 

I covered the window, still kneeling on the ground. He surely must have saw me. Oh no, he thinks I am a weirdo. What a great first impression. I laid on the best and sighed. What a wonderful day it was. 

I searched the place the next day on my bike. Yes, I can't leave my baby back at my father's house. It sure says that the furniture place is somewhere here. Oh right, got it. 

I parked in front of a huge showroom. This must be it. I skeptically opened the door and was greeted by a smiling man. 'May I help you?' he asked. He is the second person I actually talked to in this town and they both were smiling. 'Umm...I am looking for furniture to set up my house,' I replied. 'Oh right! Follow me.........So what color is your house?' he asked. 'Mostly black. I am in love with black,' I said as I scratched my neck. 'Okay perfect. Here are some leather couches and some auto couches, what's your budget?' he asked. 'I don't have one. You can show me in all prices,' I replied. He gave me a content smile and moved further through the showroom.

After three hours, I was done. I chose two auto couches, a modular kitchen, a couch for my room and a bed for the guest room if my mother ever comes over. 'Mam, are you sure you can pay?' the cashier asked, worried. 'Of course. I may seem like a loner but I am not. I have actual money,' I said as I took out my debit card.

'Alright, here we go,' he said and swiped. It got agreed. 'See?' I asked as I took the receipt. 'Sorry mam for the inconvenience. Two men will deliever your furniture to your house by the day after tomorrow. Thank you,' he said as I nodded my head.

I got on my motorbike and drove off. I was driving past a restaurant which seemed fancy. I was supposed to take something for my neighbors right? I definitely can't go empty handed. Aren't they supposed to bring me something to welcome me in? Weird this place is.

I took two different orders of food as I had two neighbors and drove off to my house. I changed into a black jumpsuit and took one of of the boxes in my hand. Wait. What if that guy saw me yesterday? Will he even open the door? I mean I did look like a creep.

Without thinking too much about it, I went over to the different house first. I should gather up my courage to speak to him later.

A guy opened the door with a straight face but it soon turned into a smirk. 'Do I know you?' he asked. 'No,' I replied, confidently. 'Well that's a bummer. I know all pretty girls like you,' he said again as I scoffed. Already flirting? 'Nope I dont think so. Anyway. I just moved in next door. It was nice to meet you. Here,'I said as I handed him the box. 'Je vous remerci,' he replied.

I looked at him confused. Which language did he just speak? Russian? He giggled a little and replied, 'It was French for Thank you.' I made an 'o' face as he smiled once again. 'Care to come in?' he asked and stepped away from the door. 'Nope. I see what you are doing there playboy. Well you missed your chance. I have another neighbor to give something to,' I said as I was almost leaving.

'Good luck with that. He is a cold guy,' he said as I looked at him. 'Believe me, I have met enough cold guys already and they all seem to have some crazy past,'I replied and chuckled. 'He does too. I am Lee know, by the way,' he said and put out his hand for me to shake. 'Hyerin,' I replied and shook his hand vigorously.

'Bye,' I said as I walked back into my house. The third man I talked to and he already flirted with me. I kept my heart down with my throat as it was beating so much. I ringed his bell and waited. Soon there was a click. Shit. Okay, you got this. You go-

'You are?' he asked as he opened the door. 'Hi I am Hyerin. I moved next door. Nice to meet you. Here,' I said and handed him the box. 'Thanks,' he said and shut the door on my face. I wasn't really hurt from his behavior as I started pondering over the fact if he even saw anything yesterday. Maybe he didn't, which was good.

I walked back to my house. I opened the curtains right next to my bed and saw Lee know doing push ups in his room, shirtless, just like yesterday, but this time a different guy. I closed the curtain without hesitation. Why can't I just open my curtain without having the fear that I might see a shirtless guy again? Also, why are both of my neighbors so hot and always shirtless? I mean I just got here. I dont want to see guys shirtless already.

I took a deep breath and threw myself on the bed.

Ringggggg

'Hey mom.'