Part 29

Shit. Shit. The fuck? I cant got through this. I am sure if oppa sees me, he will call me among them and tease me. I will slightly tiptoe up to my room. Without making a single noise, I took three steps forward. Good good. If I continue to do this, i will be in my room in no tim-

'Hyerin, come here,' oppa yelled just as he saw him. The seven guys looked at me, some smiling, some smirking and only one without expression. 'Uhhh...I have homework. Yes, homework. I have school tomorrow, I will just go upstairs and complete my homework, yes,' i nervously chuckled as i took another step forward. 'Ah come here. We...have some talking to do with you. I am pretty sure your homework is finished,' oppa slyly smiled at me. Ughh.

'My friend is waiting for me outside,' i said and ran out the house. Please, someone, anyone show yourself in front of me. I saw Haneul walking out the block. Bingo. 'Haneul,'I shouted, gathering the attention of many people who passed by. I apologized to them and waved at Haneul. She had a confused expression as she approached me. 'Anything wrong?' she asked. 'Very. Very. Very. Wrong. Can you come inside please? It's really awkward in there. Lee know is there and I am pretty sure oppa is about to tease me about Felix,' I pouted.

'Alright,' she said and I squealed. 'Great,' I jumped and entered the house. 'Oh you are back? I thought you wouldn't be,' oppa said and smiled. I threw an air punch at him as he faked being unconscious. 'Come join us. Oh, Haneul you are here too?' he asked as Haneul introduced herself. The air was awkward. 'Hi, I am Haneul, Hyerin's bestfriend,' she said and smiled. 'Oh come join us,' Hyunjin said as Lee know looked at Haneul directly, as I stood among them both, not sure what he was anticipating.

'We also invited a certain someone. He will be here in a few minutes,' oppa said as I smiled nervously. Who else could that "certain someone" be? 'Oooooohhhhhh,' Han teased. 'Shut up, squirrel,' I said as I stuck out my tongue to mock him. Its wasn't awkward because I knew Lee know had no feelings for me. It was awkward because Lee know and I shared a past. A very near past.

The bell ringed as I jolted up. 'He is here. I will open the door,' Jeongin said as he got up. 'Is this some kind of a "let's mock Hyerin cult"?' I asked, totally annoyed. 'You can say that,' oppa said and pinched my nose. 'Hey,' Felix said as he entered the house. Just great. More oil in the burning pan. He flashed me a smiled and occupied a seat next to Chan. 'Aight bro,' Chan asked. 'Good good,' Felix replied. 'You never hang out with us anymore. We had to use someone to bring you here,' Han said and chuckled teasingly. Haneul sat there, not knowing what to do.

The air was extremely awkward. With six people not knowing anything and the rest knowing everything.

'So what were you all talking about before I came?' I asked breaking the eerie silence. 'Oh we were talking about you both, meaning Felix and you,' oppa said and smiled. I instantly regretted asking that question. I turned to Haneul to look if she was uncomfortable but she seemed to enjoy our conversation.

'There is nothing to talk about okay? Its among me and Felix,' I cleared the "doubt". If they had any. Han "oooooooooed" again, making me loosed my patience. 'So are you both dating?' Lee know asked as Haneul and I exchanged awkward glances. 'For your information, yes,' Felix said, his rude side in view. 'Ooooooooeh,' Han wiggled his hands. 'Can you stop that?' I asked Han as he shook his head. 'You are blushing, girlfriend,' Hyunjin joked. 'She is my girlfriend. Not yours. Or anyone's here,' Felix said and glanced at Lee know.

'Rude much?' Hyunjin asked as he burst out laughing. 'No, let me clear things up. When changbin sent the the photo in our group chat, these sickheads thought he had edited it. So he told us to come over, so that we can see for ourselves,' Chan said after clearing his voice. 'Exactly! Why would I photoshop it?' oppa asked as if it was impossible.

'Speaking of which, how long have you both been going out for?' oppa asked, this time serious. I guess. 'A week,' Felix and I said in unison. 'Oh okay. If you want to date my sister young man, you have to follow some rules. I will dm you,' oppa said and eyed Felix. 'Fun fact: I already do,' Felix said and beamed. 'That's enough for today. I will just leave. Anyone coming?' I asked as I got up. 'I'll go,' Felix stood up but was pulled back down by Seungmin. 'You are not going anywhere. You are also our friend, okay?' he said as he rolled his eyes.

Haneul stood up as we exited our house. 'Thank you for tonight. I would have died out there if not for you. You made it so much less awkward,' I said and smiled at her. She smiled at me but soon her eyes formed crystals. 'Are you crying-- why are you crying, Haneul?' I asked her as she shook her head. 'I am just happy. Happy that I have a best friend like you,' she said as she came in to hug me. 'I am also glad,' i said as I hugged her back.

A minute later, she said something. Which still bothers me. Which did bother me back then. 'Thank you for everything Hyerin. I am sorry. I am so so sorry. I dont have a choice. Remember, it was not for you,' she whispered as she let go. 'What was not for me?' I asked back, clueless of what she just talked about. 'Nothing. Bye Hyerin,' she said as she walked away.