s e v e n t e e n

March 14th 2017
Avengers Compound

When the Avengers went on missions which lasted a lengthy amount of time, Ember often thought she as going to die of boredom.

Sure she wasn't exactly friends with any of them, with the exception of her unique friendship with Steve, and her comforting relationship with Tony, but when the Avengers were away on a mission it just got so boring.

Since she technically was being held captive in the compound or whatever, several agents had to come around to her apartment to check on her, and no, it wasn't to check if she was okay, it was to check if she was doing anything she wasn't supposed to be going.

Most of her days were spent just staring at the walls, or looking out the windows waiting on the hours passing by.

She even tried flirting with one of the random SHIELD agents just for a bit of fun, but it turns out agents aren't much fun, and told her they had more important work to do, and left her alone once again.

She had considered sneaking out— But due to the shear amount of security which laced the compound that Tony Stark and his rich ass team had set up, there was no chance of being able to get out without being caught.

Yes, it was slightly easier now she didn't have the cuffs which physically trapped her from travelling further than the compound grounds, but it still wasn't worth being caught and being sent back to her cell she stayed in for so long at the beginning.

March 16th 2017
Somewhere in Europe

It had been 11 days and 6 hours since Steve had last seen Ember— Not that he was keeping count or anything.

The mission kept dragging on, and kept being extended, all the Avengers in a SHIELD safe house at the top of a mountain as the waited on nightfall to gather more information on a terrorist group based in the area which the Avengers had reason to believe were associated with HYDRA.

Yes, HYDRA, it's always fucking HYDRA.

Steve hated HYDRA more than he hated anything. He would give his life to make sure that organisation was gone for good.

He wasn't a killer, and he preferred not to carry a gun, but he would put a bullet through someones skull if it meant HYDRA would suffer from it.

"Travel to the left of the building, check for any activity from the inside." Steve instructed through the comms.

From what they had discovered so far, the terrorist group didn't tend to spend the night in the abandoned warehouse that they used as a base. They used it during the day, and left it still looking abandoned, from the outside anyways, during the night.

The Avengers couldn't be totally sure what was on the inside, but if it was anything to do with HYDRA, they'd be sure to take care of the entire organisation to end their mission, and if they weren't affiliated with HYDRA, the proper authorities would still have them taken care of, since they were of course still a terrorist organisation.

"Rogers? Do you copy?" Natasha asked through the comms.

"Yeah, I copy. Have you reached the left entrance yet?" He asked, impatiently.

"No, I can't find it Steve— I don't think it exists."

"It exists, Romanoff, you just need to walk around the building a bit further— God, can no one do anything around here? Next time I'm bringing Bucky."

"Rogers, I know you want to be home, we all do— But calm down a little, alright?" Tony interjected.

Steve chose to ignore him— He was in an awful mood.