Chapter 24

Dedicated to everyone out there who has a best friend(s)!

Chapter 24

Ashlynn POV

The voice was loud and powerful, ringing out over the crowd of werewolves, silencing them immediately.  Xavier and Nick were still caught up in their little battle though, both of them oblivious to what was going on around them.  I found the person the powerful voice belonged to, staring at Magaret, who looked like smoke was coming out of her ears.

She scowled, and shook her finger at both of the werewolves who had immediately bowed their heads while looking like lost pups as Magaret gave them her death glare, which really was scary.  I almost chuckled at their faces, but I was too scared of Magaret myself.

She scolded Nick and Xavier, treating them like naughty pups as they just shamefully looked at the ground, their heads drooped.  Finally, she yelled at them to get up and run five quick miles as a light punishment.  

The wolves bounded off, both of them obviously racing against each other, though they didn't start fighting, since that be a stupid thing to do, especially in front of Magaret, who was literally drilling holes into them as they ran.  

When they were too far away to see, Magaret finally turned to me, a sympathetic expression on her face as she opened her arms for an embrace.  I awkwardly shuffled in my wolf form, but I needed motherly comfort, and Magaret was the closest I would ever get to it.

When she wrapped her strong and soft arms tightly around my big wolf frame, I suddenly didn't feel as angry as I did before.  Now, I just felt tired and sad.  The adrenaline and power from before had left me, leaving me empty.

It felt as if there was this big hole where all the strong emotions from before were.  Now, I couldn't even muster up a single drop of the energy I had before.  I was tired, so tired.  Everything here exhausted me.  Wherever I looked, there were memories.

Too many memories.

"Come on," Magaret murmured softly into my ear, "You should get some rest,"

I numbly nodded and I heard a few words exchanged before I was led away from the clearing, stares following me as I took slow and heavy steps, my paws thumping on the ground.  I registered, a faint voice that told me to change back, and I did, a warm blanket quickly wrapping around me as I was carried up a couple flights of stairs.  I lost count as I slowly started to drift into sleep.

Before I knew it, I was set onto a something soft.  The door closed, but through it, I still heard voices.  They were urgent.  Pleading.  I think someone was begging, but that was my last thought before I floated away, slowly being submerged into a darkness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone was shaking me, saying my name.  Someone was asking me to wake up, to open my eyes.

But I didn't want to.  I was so tired.

"Ashlynn," A voice softly said

I groaned, but slowly peeked through one eye, glad that the room was dark.  A dark silhouette rested on my bed, his hand resting gently on my cheek.  

Nick.

Everything from today came rushing back to me and I sighed, no longer feeling so sleepy as so many emotions hit me all at once.  "Everything was real, wasn't it?" I quietly asked, memories flashing through my mind, but I shut them away for they were too painful to see.

'Yeah," Nick replied, his voice in that same soft tone.

I rolled onto my side and curled up in a ball.  I no longer felt as powerful and intimidating as I did when I was talking to my... old pack mates.  Now, I was just scared.