Chapter 7

Thank you guys all so much for sticking with me and reading this story!!!!!!!!!!!  It means a lot, and you guys always make my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 7

Paul POV

There was a time when I was in first grade and I saw a young couple kissing.  I had run up to them and grabbed the woman away from the man, screaming at how he was eating her.  I also punched the man in the face.  Hard.  And let me tell you, that man hadn't been very happy after I punched him.  Now, when I look back at that, I feel like a big idiot.

There was another time in third grade, when I had a crush on this girl, but accidentally pulled down her skirt when running after her.  I had tripped, and grabbed onto the closest thing, which had been, well... the girl's skirt. Let's just say that the girl didn't take it too well, and hope that she would like me back flew out the window.  When I think back to that, I feel like an ever bigger idiot.

There had been a bunch of other times when I had felt like an idiot too, but right now, with Ashlynn staring at me, a weird look on her face when she told me that Xavier and Shay were siblings, I seriously felt like the biggest idiot in the world.

I stuttered, "B-but, t-they don't l-l-look anything a-alike!" I vaguely remembered something about an Alpha reporting that his sister was missing, but I didn't think much into it, especially after seeing a picture of Xavier.  Dark hair and electric blue eyes certainly didn't match with Shay's white blond hair and hazel eyes.

Ashlynn sighed, "Well, Shay doesn't have Alpha blood in her.  Shay is Xavier's half sister, so Xavier looks like his own father, while Shay takes after her mother and her father.  If you look closely, you can tell that there is a possibility that they might be siblings,"

My eyes widened, "Their mom had an affair with someone else?"

Ashlynn's eyes widened along with mine, "Oh, of course not.  Alpha Scott found his mate later in life, and when he found her, she was already married to someone and pregnant with Shay.  So yes, Shay is the older one, but Shay's part human,"

I can't believe I never knew any of this, "Shay's dad... He was human?" I asked, shocked.

Ashlynn stared at me, before softly asking, "Shay never told you any of this?"

I shook my head, speechless.  All this time, I had known nothing about Shay, my own mate.  It was shameful, and made my own heart hurt.  I continued on, "Shay told us that her family was dead, but... isn't Xavier alive?  What about her parents?"

Surprise flashed through Ashlynn's eyes before pain replaced it.  She replied, "I guess you can say that it was too painful.  She wanted to avoid it.  But most of all, she wanted to forget it.  She really was extremely close to Xavier, closer than any two siblings that I have ever seen, and that's saying something,"

Ashlynn sighed, "Shay's had a rough childhood.  Her parents divorced, and Shay was ripped away from her dad.  Alpha Scott never really could love her as one of his own.  After all, she was the child of the man that could possibly come between him and his mate.  Only on weekends did Shay get to see her dad, and even then, they only had limited time,"

My hands clenched into angry fists as I spat out, "Alpha Scott, who was supposed to cherish Shay like his own daughter, did all of this?"

Ashlynn looked away, "You can't say he's bad guy, Paul.  He's a werewolf, and he did what any male werewolf would do.  He's an Alpha and he got extremely possessive.  He was afraid that Shay's mom and Shay would go back to Shay's biological father.  He lathered both of them in the luxurious lives, and he gave his love, but the only one receiving his love was his wife.  Shay never ever seemed to get any of it,"