|| 19 ||

CHAPTER - 19
HUNGY NIGHT

•°~°•

A R U S H I

It had been a week since I got my panic attack. I felt guilt and embarrassed wondering what they would have thought about me ? Bhai told me how huge hulk was trying to calm me but in return, I screamed and freaked.

I felt bad for him but who knows maybe he was pretending as if he cares. Definitely no one cares about me. I sighed. Today I didn't have my dinner. Well, it's not like I wasn't hungry. It was just..leave it!

I was scrolling through my Instagram checking out mesmerizing reels. I found some new follow request. It had been an eternity, I hadn't opened my insta. I like to play games in my smart phone as well as in my PC.

My favourite game was free fire. I was absolutely obsessed with it. Unfortunately I play it barely cause once I start playing, I became addicted to it. Yup..! ADDICTED.

My stomach grumbled loudly snapping me out of my train of thoughts. Damn..! I kept my phone aside and finally decided to sleep so that I could avoid my hunger. Cause I didn't have that much guts to leave my room near 3am. I coudn't even get out of my blanket imagining what if someone would be waiting to pull me under the bed, let alone stepping out of the room.

It made a loud sound,now. What the hell dear stomach ?! Sleep was far away from my eyes. Suddenly getting a urge to have something spicy and yummy, irritated me. Why my cravings need to show up during 3am. At like fucking devil hour.

I took a glass full of water and gulped down, hoping it to kill my hunger. My abdomen tingled indicating me,I needed to pee. After lots of struggle I threw away the duvet and made my way to bathroom.

After cleaning my hands, I thought to grab some snacks from kitchen. Opening the door with creak sound, I walked out. It was freezing outside more than my room. My room was warmer.

I jerked when accidentally my arm touched the rail as it was cold. Rubbing that particular area, I descended through the staircase. The hall was completely dark. Thankfully I had my phone. I switched on the torch and searched the way to kitchen.

After switching on the kitchen's light,I looked around

After switching on the kitchen's light,I looked around. I searched around some cupboards. Dude, this people even knew a term called 'chips' ?! I thought I would get some chips packets or some yummy snacks. But what I got ? Some instant noodles, some diet biscuits, some protein shakes/powder sachets, pasta packets, etc. I opened the freeze expecting some pastries or milkshakes but nah..there nothing except vegetables, raw eggs and raw meats.

Here everyone seems having healthy diet unlike me. All junk. In our house, bhai used to bring pastries for me so that I could eat anytime I need. Whenever bhai and I go for shopping, I fill a single trolley with lots of chocolate cakes, chips packets, chocolates, cold drinks,etc.

I wanted to go back to my home. I sighed leaning against the freeze. I felt a hand on my shoulder which made me jump. I was about to scream when huge hulk muffed my sound by covering my mouth with his hand,"shh...angel. it's me." I took a breath of relief,"What were you doing here ?" he raised an eyebrow.

"uh..um..I-I was hu-bored. I couldn't able to sleep so thought t-to roam around."I replied, stuttering less than earlier. "You think it's okay to lie your fiancé ?" he queried playing with my side hairs. He tucked them behind my ear,"What happened? Bad dream?" his deep voice was..damn.

I didn't reply. Was I a child who would get scared of bad dreams ? My stomach growled p breaking the awkward silence between us. Heat crept my neck as I blushed hard. I heard him chuckling,"Oh..so you were hungry, huh ?" I shyly nodded.

"Want me to prepare something for you?" he questioned. I shook my head,"nah..! It's okay,I will leave now." I faked a yawn. I was leaving when held my hand,"wait. I won't let you sleep with empty stomach. Sit, let me prepare something for you." he stated. "But -" he cut off me,"shh..no words. Sit here." he guided me to the kitchen island and pulled a bar stool out. I sat there.

"pasta or noodles?" his turned after setting a pan filled with water on the stove. "Pasta." I squealed. But then bit my tongue for being a shameless. He made some pastas in thirty minutes or less.

"Here your pasta, madam !" I giggled at his waiter kinda accent. He sat beside me while I ate the pasta. I moaned as soon as I kept it in my mouth. "hmm...it seems you liked it. Don't you ?" he asked.

"I liked it? Man, I loved it. This are the most delicious pasta I have ever had. How do you know cooking ? It was unexpected." I blurted. I was surprised how I didn't stutter.

"Well." he got up. Holding the ketchup bottle he stood just infront of me. "I would like to thank my parents who sent me to an abroad hostel for studies. Getting bored by that hostel food, I decide to learn cooking. That's my story." He faked sniffled at the end. Basically, he made the ketchup bottle his mic and acted like he was giving a speech.

I burst into laughter,"oh...I am proud of you." "thank you, my beautiful lady." he said bowing like a gentle man. He came back to his place and I too continued eating. I felt his intense gave making my head snap towards him. I caught him staring at me with a smile on his face.

"You want some ?"he shook his head,"nah..! You eat." After I finished, I kept my plate in the sink and washed my mouth.

"Good night." he kissed my temple before I go inside my room. "Night,"I wished back closing the door. He was not as much bad as I was thinking about him. Maybe I misunderstood him. Maybe he is a gentleman. No no Arushi, how could a mafia be a gentleman? Idiot me..but he was a good man, perhaps?!

~to be continued~

Words : 2071

Published : 15 Jan 2022

•••••

{A/N}

What do you people think about the couple? Are they getting closer ?

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow me

Writer,
Pratibha

Peace out✌️