|| 53 ||

CHAPTER - 53
-GIRLS TIME-

•°~°•

A R U S H I

The bell rang.
With its ring, the professor closed the book.

"Ok students. I hope you all understood your assignments. The submission date is the 22nd of this month. Am I clear ?" The fat professor fixed his glasses.

A faint 'yes,sir!' was heard in the lecture hall of probably 80+ students in it.
I don't know why some students hate lectures. I mean you get to know new things.
But to be honest sometimes these lectures sucks.

I realised today is 20. God..SHIT. How the heck am I supposed to complete this assignment within two days? I guess some mad dog has bit our professor.

Anyways, I will have to do anything for good grades.

I gathered my things and without any stop, made my way to the canteen. I was startled when a hand was placed on my back. I turned instantly to find it was Joseph. I hit him on his arm,"Why, Joseph?"
"Cause it's fun, baby?" He winked at me. My neck heated with shyness. I gasped,"You can not call me with this kind of name. I am ma-" oh shit. Seriously, Arushi? You were literally going to tell them that you are married?!

I gulped,"Do not call me that. I don't like it." I huffed. No one can call me. Hmph...no one has the right to call Mrs. Arushi Randhir Malhotra- baby. No one should dare to. Hence, I glared at him.

"Oh my my, 'have never seen you so angry. Ok, leave all these. Come with you." He snaked his arms around my neck just like friends do and started dragging me somewhere without maintaining his pace with me, and because of it I almost slipped. I realised that he had now brought me near his bunch of friends and between them, Anna was also present, who seemed unhappy to be present there.

"Hey, guys. Look whom we have here!" Joseph pushed me ahead to everyone's gaze. "Who's she, dude?" One of the blonde hair guys queried with a raised eyebrow.

"Another piece of chicken?" One boy spoke and all of them gave high-fives while laughing their ass out. I frowned, getting really uncomfortable. I looked at Anna who was really unpleasant with those boys.

"W-We need to g-go. P-Professor Ali ha-s asked for both of u-us. C-Come Anna." I motioned her to come. she instantly shot up from her place and dashed to me. We ran out of the cafeteria.

"Hash..! Thank god to Sir Ali, right?" Anna spoke lightly. "No-No. Professor Ali has not called us. It's just-uh..actually, the place there was really uncomfortable. That's why I told this lie. I'm sorry." I bit my bottom lip.

"THANK YOU. THANK YOU. VERY MUCH THANK YOU. You don't have any idea about, from which trouble you saved me ! Those boys are literally talking nonsense and dirty things. It was not at all comfy over there. Let's go to ground, we shall have some girls time as well." She grinned, pushing me out of college to the huge ground at the back of the college.

Why the heck I never came here? The garden in a corner was actually pretty. There were varieties of roses. Pink rose, white rose, yellow rose, red rose, etc. I have never seen such wonderful roses. The yellow one was gorgeous.

"Dude..I loved it!" I exclaimed, wandering around. "Listen, I have to tell you about something." She held my hand. "Yes..!" She started pulling my hand as if asking me to go with her. I made my legs walk according to her instructions. We ended up under a huge tree and near a huge trunk of a tree. She hopped on the trunk and patted the seat beside her.

I giggled and took my seat with her, enjoying the cool breeze by the beautiful greeny leaves above us. The sound of leaves crashing with each other was simply blissful music to ear. I almost got lost in them when Anna's voice called for me. "You know, Arushi. When I had no friends, I would always come here and spend some time with myself. I was so lonely that sometimes I used to talk with this branches of tree assuming them as my friends." She smiled, touching the trunk of the tree. The leaves made more sound as if they also agreed with her words.

I chuckled and kept my hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry. Now I am there for you."

"You know, I never told anybody about it. It's because I thought that someone would call me crazy if they got to know that I talk to air." She frowned.

"But,I don't think you are crazy. You know what, we should start spending more time? What if we do today's assignments together?" I cheerfully queried her. She gave me a toothy smile,"Why not? Ok WhatsApp me your address. I will be there at 4pm." I nodded my head.

Wait. I promised her but did not think about Randhir's permission. I don't think you would appreciate such a careless act of mine.
I bit my tongue on my thoughts.

Soon our break was over and we were back to our classes following our timetables.

College got over after 2 more periods and we students were finally free of that prison. I took a deep breath after stepping out of that crowded campus. To my surprise, Randhir was nowhere in my view. I panicked a little; my throat became dry. Getting panic is really very common for me but this time this uneasiness was for some other reason. I was worried about him. 'Is Randhir ok?' I did not realise when I started chewing my nails.

I just hoped that everything was alright.
He always arrives on his spot before my classes get over but this time I was flabbergasted at his delay.

I dragged my phone out of my pocket to check if there was any message from him but there were none.

After waiting for more than 5-6 minutes his car's sound landed in my ear making me turn around promptly. In a moment of time, I was snuggling into my huge hulk.

"I'm so sorry." He spoke, huffing for air. I smiled secretly,"that's alright!"

~TBC~

WORDS : 1067

Published : 28 Nov 2022

•••••

{A/N}

I'm extremely sorry for delay in updating but I was actually out of ideas. I didn't know what to write. :(

I can understand this one would not be a good one but I really tried. Next part will be interesting enough, I have planned better ;)

Till then,
Vote

Comment

Share

And, follow me!

Writer,
Pratibha