|| 47 ||

CHAPTER-47
-FIRST DAY. FIRST FRIEND.-

•°~°•

A R U S H I

I felt someone shaking me. I groaned and turned to the other side, pulling the comforter closer. "Get up, Arushi.","Lemme sleep..!" I whined.

"Oh..so do you want to be late for your first day ?" Those words were all alone enough to wake me up from the bed. I faced a grinning Randhir. I gasped,"Today is my first day." He nodded with a smile.

"Oh my god. Shit. I will be late. You also get ready. I will be back in a few minutes. Bye." I realised I was blabbering while feeling overwhelmed. I bit my tongue as he chuckled and slapped my forehead.

"Calm down, angel. You still have 40 minutes. You can get ready slowly and perfectly." He informed me. I sent him a toothy grin. I was excited and nervous. I took a good deep breath before walking into the bathroom. I stripped down my clothes. I stood completely bare under the shower. I turned it on and got my favourite strawberry body-wash and vanilla shampoo.

It felt so refreshing after the shower.

I wrapped a towel around my body then skipped to my closet after getting out of the bathroom. I trailed my hand over the dresses trying to identify what would be better to wear. I finally chose something, probably appropriate.
I wore my dress. I put my hair into a bun, leaving a few loose strands beside my face. Then I wore my black shoes. I also took my white bag that I brought while shopping with Randhir. I had packed my bag last night so that I would not get into trouble the next morning.

 I had packed my bag last night so that I would not get into trouble the next morning

I stood in front of the mirror and checked if everything was alright.

I left our room. I was descending down the stairs when I heard his voice,"Amanda, isn't that an angel approaching us ?" My face felt hot as Amanda replied,"Oh yes, sir. No doubt, it's an angel." I sat beside him.

We went to the dining area to have our breakfast. Putting my hand in Randhir's hand, I sat quietly, getting anxious internally. Yup, that's how the whole car ride was to the college. The car pulled up in front of the college.

People or students, more to be precise, were walking, rushing, marching or racing with their friends to the entrance of college. Randhir got out from his side. I wanted to get up as well but I felt as if something was holding me back or clutching my body. He walked to my side and opened the door. He gave me a confused look when I didn't get out.

I gulped. Closing my eyes, I took a few breaths.
"It's okay, Arushi. Everything is fine. You haven't gone to college for a long time, that's why you are nervous. Come on, get up." I mumbled trying to give me confidence. "Very good." Randhir spoke. I put a smile on my face and took Randhir's hand that he was holding out for me. Since the day I had been with Randhir, my confidence has increased a little and nervousness or anxiousness has decreased, for which I was more than happy and of course proud of myself for the improvement.

"Study well. And call me anytime if you get any problem." He started. He cupped my face, continuing,"Don't get scared or nervous. I am there with you. You don't have to take any stress until I am alive. Remember?" He kissed my head,"Have a great day, angel."

I waved to him then turned towards the college and started walking. I tried to look confident even though I was feeling like I would cry anytime. My stomach was twisting and turning. All the stares that I was getting were uncomfortable.

I went to the front desk to get my schedule. There was a lady with golden hair. When she noticed me, she gave me a kind smile. I gave her my details as she asked for it. She handed me my schedule. I checked the piece of paper and went to my locker. I had Economics in the first period. I took my book, notebook and pouch with me. Thankfully it was easy for me to find my class. It was going well and I hoped it would go the same whole day.

I opened the classroom door. The professor was already present in the class. Everybody's head snapped towards me, making me sweaty. I could feel my hands getting wet.

"You must be the new student, Arushi Malhotra." I nodded. "Get in, my child." The professor smiled at me. He seemed like a gentleman. I was pretty sure he wasn't that strict so I didn't need to feel afraid near him.

"Students, she is your new classmate, Arushi Malhotra. Arushi, you can go and sit anywhere you want." I shook my head, positively and walked to a bench in the middle. A girl was sitting alone.

"C-Can I sit-t here ?" She scooted away, giving me space. I smiled slightly and sat down. None of us made any talk. During the middle of lecture, I was taking notes when I felt a light tap on my arm. I turned and found the girl poking her finger in my arm. When she noticed my gaze, she pulled away. "Do you have an extra pen ?" She asked quietly. "Hmm..!" I nodded and gave her one. She kept her pen down and took it and started writing again.

I smiled, I found her cute. She was a little chubby, it seemed as if she was also a newcomer. She didn't talk with me ever.
'Maybe she is just too shy to talk.' I thought.

The class ended. I enjoyed a lot with this teacher and his teaching. I went to my locker. The second class I had was Mathematics. Hah..nice.

As before, I went to the class and took a seat. But this time I saw at last cause very few students were there for some reason so most of the seats were empty. The door of the class opened, the same girl from the first class walked in. Her eyes wandered around the room. She looked at me then shyly down. What surprised me the most was she came and sat with me ?

Not that I mind but I loved it. Maybe we could be friends. Yeah..she's gonna be my first friend in this college.

~to be continued~

Words : 1087

Published : 27 May 2022

•••••

{A/N}

Few words about the chapter, please.

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha

Peace out✌️