|| 51 ||

CHAPTER - 51
-SURPRISE-

•°~°•

A R U S H I

The sound of spoons hitting the plates lightly was filled in the silent room. The aroma of delicious dishes was spread across the room, reaching everyone's nostril, for sure. Although every serving bowl or cutlery were stuffed with my favorite dishes, still I was not having an appetite. Despite being hungry a few hours ago, I have lost my hunger now.

The reason was one person.
Raghu bhai.

Randhir planned for a family lunch. As it was Bhabhi's and Raghu bhai's third day in our home and due to my worse health, they had been very worried since the day they were here.
Yup..that's what he thinks.
I understand it but he doesn't know it was half truth and half lie.

Anyways, I kept messing up the food on my plate as I had no interest in eating under the burning gaze of Raghu bhai. My discomfort level had reached the peak.

"ARUSHI..!" A loud voice boomed as my body shook. I jumped,"W-What?" Randhir gave me a worried look,"What's wrong Arushi? You haven't touched your food yet?" I opened my mouth to speak,"uh-I..umm!" I was kind of nervous. "What happened? Do you want to eat something else?" He queried in a soft voice. I didn't like how everyone's attention was at me along with the maids.

"uh..I am not hungry." I simply uttered.
"What ? But I remember you were famished just an hour ago then why all of a sudden you're not hungry ? Huh?" Randir raised an eyebrow at me.

Ughh..! Why does he need to act like a directive?

I looked at everyone before standing up,"I-I will have my lunch afterwards." I rushed upstairs to our room without waiting for any reply.

Once I stepped into the room, I let out a sigh of relief.

In the evening, when I was trying to finish my assignment, the door opened with a loud boom. I jerked around to find Bhabhi. I placed my palm on my chest trying to calm my heart beat,"Bhabhi, you scared me."

Bhabhi bit her tongue,"oh..I am extremely sorry. Actually I have a surprise for you. Come to your beloved husband's study. You will find it." I felt my cheeks heating at her words. She snickered,"ohhoo..look someone is blushing..hmm..!" She hit my shoulder with her shoulder in a teasing way.

"Bhabhi..!" I mumbled, walking away from her. I ran to Randhir's study,not caring about the judgemental states of some maids. I knocked on the door of his study, as per the rules. "Get in." His deep voice ordered. I peeped inside only to find someone sitting at the front of Randhir's table whereas he was sitting at his position, behind the table. They both were holding drinks.

I was hesitating to enter. But I was feeling like I knew this unknown man. He was somewhat familiar. "Aree...Arushi. Come in." Randhir spoke as soon as he noticed my presence. Hearing him the unknown man turned. A loud gasp left my lips. Tears started threatening at the edge of my eyes.

"Bhai..!" I whispered. Bhai smiled widely at me before standing up, opening his arms for me to get clinging to him. I crashed against his body holding him with my dearest grip. His hand caressed my head, calming me all over again. His hands always hold magic. Magic of love, care, comfort, affection and protection.

"Shh..Arushi. No more of these tears, please. Look I am here na. You should be happy ? Aren't you happy?" He asked pulling backa nd cupping my cheeks. But I pushed his hand away and hugged him back back,"D-Don't say that. I missed you more anyone or anything."

"Oh really? More than your favorite ice-cream in India ? Hmm?" He chuckled playfully.
"Bhai..!" I whined.

I finally left his arms only to find Randhir gawking at me with a slight smile. When he noticed my gaze, his smile turned into a teasing smirk.

Wow..! Everyone is being a tease today.

I sat in the chair, beside bhai.
"So Randhir, what about your business these days?"
"oh..It's great, to be honest. I am planning to make a deal with a Japanese company. It could get us a lot of profit."

"That's great! And Arushi, what about your studies? And did you make any friends ?" I grinned at bhai's question. "Yesh, bhai. I made a friend. She is really cute. She used to talk very less but since we are friends now she has become a chatterbox. And you know, her brother is our senior, he studies in our university." I started blabbering and explaining to him everything related to my university-life. Everything was awesome about it.

He smiled gently, caressing my cheek," I am happy that you're happy here. You have really changed. Those dark circles have now vanished. That upset, frowning face is nowhere to see. You don't look depressed like earlier. I am so happy for you." Bhai spoke all words with lots of love. He kissed my forehead and pulled me closer to hug.

"Thank you so much, Randhir. I always used to worry if I made the right decision or not about getting Arushi married. You proved me right, Randhir. My little girl is more happy here than that hell. The people living there are not humans, they're monsters in the veil of humans." His voice cracked at the end.

I hurriedly looked up to find bhai wiping his tears, turning to the other side. It made me overwhelmed. My tears flowed like nothing.

"Hey, stop with these emotional stuffs. Let's go get ready. Today we are going to have dinner outside." Randhir informed. "Oh really?" I jumped in excitement because you see, it has been very long since we went outside for dinner. "Yesh. Now I need to finish my work. Okay. Then we shall leave." Bhai and I stood up and turned on our heels to leave the room.

"Oh Arushi. I have brought something for you." Bhai handed me a big box of Ferraro Rocher. I squealed with happiness and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

~to be continued~

WORDS : 1042

PUBLISHED : 28 Aug 2022

•••••

{A/N}

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha