|| 36 ||

CHAPTER- 36
-SO CALLED HECTIC DAY-

•°~°•

R A N D H I R

I awoke when suddenly I felt something cold on my warm body. I realised it was Arushi's hand. She wasn't under the duvet properly. My eyes were burning for some reason. I wanted to sleep more but I had a meeting in just hours.

I tucked the duvet on Arushi while standing on my feet. I stretched my body, hearing bone cracking sounds. I yawned. I was feeling tired this morning as if I had worked all night long. I trailed to the bathroom. After a quick shower, I got ready as quickly as I could. I noticed Arushi was still sleeping so didn't wake her. Instead went downstairs and ordered Amanda for breakfast.

"Sir, what would you like to eat ?" She queried. "Anything would be okay, Amanda. I am already getting late." I unfolded my newspaper, saying to her. "Then I will get you the usual." I nodded to her.

She came back in a few minutes, with a tray in her hand. She kept a bowl filled with my regular cereal and milk. And a cup of coffee. That's what I needed, maybe this coffee was going to help me for this hectic day. "Thank you, Amanda. I will leave. Arushi is still sleeping. When she wakes up, get her breakfast. Don't let her go out anywhere, without informing me. Am I understood ?" I warned her. She nodded,"don't worry,sir. I will take care of ma'am."

I was in the car, when I received a call from my secretary. I accepted it.

Randhir - "hello,"

P.A. - "hello, sir. Where are you?"

Randhir - "I am on my way. Gonna get there in thirty minutes."

P.A. - "Sir, please try to arrive soon. The clients did some changes in time. They will be
here in very few minutes."

Randhir - "What ? Why? Didn't they say that it was the exact time and no changes will occur ?"

P.A. - "Yesh sir but now they have
some other works to take care after our meeting so-"

Randhir - "ok ok...I understood. Make sure everything is alright. I do not want any kind of mistake. Am I clear ?"

P.A. - "yes,sir."

I hung up. They are such a great group then also this careless. It's not like we fly cars, we ride them, right ? Then how a normal human is gonna reach in just a few minutes. Fucking assholes.

Parking my car in the parking lot, I marched inside with my sunglasses on. The guards bowed whereas few workers wished me. I just nod, rushing in the elevator. I rushed to my office cabin, followed by my secretary. He wished me and notified me about the client's appearance.

I straightened my suit and cleared my throat before the elevator door opened. Once it was wide open, I came face to face with Mr. Martin Ward. I shook my hand with him,"Hello, Mr. Ward."

"Hey. It's nice to meet you." He smiled. He was a man with white hair and wrinkled face, in his late 60s.

"I am glad, you are here and want to have a deal with us. I have heard a lot about your achievements and success. I have read your books too and maybe that's why today I am standing in front of you." I complimented him. He chuckled,"It's not because of my books, it's all about how much handwork and belief you had in yourself. May you and your business grown more." We interacted while our secretaries introduced themselves.

After the meeting, it was visibly written on Mr. Ward's face that he was impressed. I smiled proudly. I knew I would crack this deal. I had always believed in my workers. I think they all deserved a party for their work.

"So,shall we make this deal ?" I asked eagerly. My heart was jumping in me. I had worked day and night for this. Please god. Please. Don't let me and my worker's hard work go to waste. I prayed to God internally.

"No." My jaw dropped,"what ?"

"Yes, I am not satisfied by your work. But I am proud, in this age you tried and did this much hard work and you're really passionate about your work,I see. But still I want more improvement from your side. Don't take it as a disappointment or complain, it's just an advice." He grinned. "No problem, sir." My workers' face made me felt bad. I had never seen them that sad. Of Course anybody would be upset if this big deal would slip out from their hands.

I sat in my leather chair, holding my head. I heard a knock at my door. "Come in," I said boringly. I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Sir, please don't be upset. I promise we will work harder and get you this deal back." One of my workers stated.

"I am not sad or mad, Justin. It's just I had high expectations but it was my fault after knowing that we were doing this big deal, I flew back to India for my marriage. I don't know how I could be this careless ?!" I leaned back and dropped my head backward.

"Sir, it's alright. Maybe you need some help. Do you want me to bring you coffee for you ?" He tucked up his lips. I chuckled,"you know what ?! Send the canteen man to my office please." He nodded and left. The canteen worker came rushing to my cabin with a cup in his hand,"Sir, here is your coffee."

"wait, I didn't ask for this." I raised an eyebrow. "oh ? Justin sir said to me to get you a coffee and it is from him. He had paid for it." I raised both of my eyebrows with surprise. "ohk. I want to tell you that, during lunch, give everyone whatever they want and tell them it's from my side as a small gift for their hard work. They must have worked a lot for this project. And tell them don't to worry about it or take any type of stress." He giggled,"okay sir. Do you want anything else ?" I shook my head negatively asking him to leave.

~to be continued~

Words : 1039

Published: 10 Mar 2022

•••••

{A/N}

Vote

Comment

Please vote and comment . It's helps me to finish my work promptly.

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha