|| 52 ||

CHAPTER - 52
-THE NEW BOY-

•°~°•

A R U S H I

"Hey!" I was snapped out of my train of thoughts by a whisper. I looked at the direction of the voice and found my bestie, Anna. I grinned at her smile and gave her a hug. "How was your vacation ?" I queried, holding her hands. She chuckled,"It was amazing. You know I have a surprise for you." She winked at me.

I frowned my eyebrows,"A surprise ? What is it?" She slapped my head,"offo, I can't say to you now. I will show you later. If you get to know about it now then it won't be a surprise anymore." I sighed,"ohk..fine. I guess I can wait."

"Cool." She clapped her hands.

Soon enough our professor walked into our class for his lecture. We diverted our attention to him as the lecture started and focused on it.

The next lecture was of 'business studies'. I grabbed my book and went to the class. The professor was not there yet which means I was on time. I took a place far away in a corner and opened my book and notebook. I brought out a pencil and pen from my pouch and started making notes while studying every line thoroughly.

Our semester exams are on the head. I cannot score less marks. Well I have never scored less marks in my life. But still I was nervous, what will Randhir think if I do not score well. It stress me a lot. I feel anxious about the fact that what if he lose interest in me and think that I am not worthy enough for the money he spends on me and my education. I have no right to waste his money, hence, I need to study well and score good marks.

"Good morning students." I heard the professor's voice. I got ready to give all the concentration on the white board when the door of the class burst opened. A voice came,"May I get in sir?"

"Why so late?" Sir asked the boy. "I had to clear a doubt from a professor so I remained in her class for extra time." The boy behind the door replied. All the girls looked very excited. Somewhere about to squeal loudly but controlled themselves. Murmurings were heard clearly. I tried to take a glimpse of this boy but as I was sitting in the corner I could not see him.

Professor hummed and spoke,"Get in but make sure you don't get late again."

"Oh sure, sir." The boy exclaimed. He then entered inside and damn. The boy had a jaw dropping charm. I looked at him with my mouth agape. I was so lost in his charm that I didn't notice him walking to me. My breath almost stopped when sat beside me. "Hey, babes. Caught ya lookin' at me." He winked with a sly smile. I gasped and looked away trying to focus on what the professor was teaching.

From the corner of my eyes, I realised he was gawking at me while flipping his pen within his fingers. I could not help but felt nervous.

I left the class as soon as the class ended and didn't give the boy attention who was literally begging for it. He kept trying to talk with me all the time but all I did was ignore him.

To be honest, it was fun.
WINK WINK. HIHI..!

After one more class, it was finally break time.

I kept my book and other things securely in my locker and rushed to the canteen remembering Anna's words. She had promised to tell me abo-oh sorry..she had promised me to show the surprise. I was excited to see it.

My eyes searched for her around the canteen. I finally caught her munching a piece of chocolate, sitting alone at a table. I boomed. She jumped, making me burst into laughter bringing everyone's attention towards us.

I bit my tongue and sat down.

"So. Where is the surprise?" I looked around the table. "Have some patience, woman. It must be coming."

"What yr..wait. What ? What do you mean by coming? As if surprise got legs to walk." I chortled. She narrowed her eyes,"Wait and watch."

"Huh?" I frowned with confusion. "Anyways lets go and get our lunch at least. Shall we?" She bobbed her head. We both waited in the queue and waited patiently for our turn. "Umm..I will have a burger and cola." I ordered mine. "And I will get a pasta with a muffin." Anna ordered her. We paid for the lunch and went back to our seats.

"Where did you surprise go, Anna?" I whined. "I also don't know." She looked pissed. "Hey, bouncy ball!" A hand pulled Anna's cheek. She huffed and slapped the boy's hand. Yup. The same boy from class. What was his name ? Shit man..I forgot. He had told me but it seems like I have already forgotten it. No problem, Arushi. No need to stress yourself. Yup.

"Oh hi." The boy gave me an amazed look. "H-Hi..!" I gave him a slight smile. Damn..why was it awkward? "Bouncy ball, you wanted me to meet this girl? And is this your friend about whom you were talking?" The boy quizzed Anna.

She grinned while bobbing her head. "Oh so you must be Arushi." He took my name in foreign accent completely, making it sound weird. "Ya, I am ARUSHI. Nice to meet you." I smiled at him. "And I am Joseph but you can call me Jos." He threw his usual smirk.

"Arushi, did you like the surprise?" Anna wiggled her eyebrows. So this was the surprise. I shrugged,"Yeah, I guess."

"Meet Joseph, my favorite cousin. From today onwards he will study with us." She squealed with happiness. I giggled.

Soon my college ended. "Bye guys." I waved at Anna and Joseph and made my way to Randhir. I quickly hugged him as he kissed my forehead. "How was the day?" He rubbed my cheeks with his thumb. "Good." I murmured into his shirt. He chuckled,"We are still in your college campus, Arushi." I instantly left him, tucking my hair behind my ear.

~to be continued~

Words : 1048

Published : 30 Sept 2022

•••••

{A/N}

What are the bubbles in your brain bursting about Joseph ?
(In simple words : What do you think about Joseph?)😅

Sorry for my wierd language.

Btw, finally my exams are over..tudu tudu tudu tudu..yaa...I can have some fun, I guess.

I hope you enjoyed my forgotten writting skills that I have shown in this chapter. 🤡

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more.

Writer,
Pratibha