Prologue

"Nandini, Arya will be there at the party

"Nandini, Arya will be there at the party. Make sure he feels at home."

Manik stares up from the laptop screen and announces in a casual placid voice. Till now, Nandini was breastfeeding her 6 months old baby girl Mini. Manikya Malhotra. Manik's words stiffen her all nerves. In an impassive voice, she replies,

"I have to go for Rishav's counselling. I can't be at the party. In any case, your friend Aryamaan very much considers this house as his own home. I think there is no need for my special hospitality."

The frigidness in her tone makes Manik place his rigid eyes on his wife.

"I don't know why you dislike Arya so much."

Nandini removes her swollen nipple from Mini's teeth less mouth. The tiny frame stirs in her sleep.

"There are so many reasons. But unfortunately, you don't want to see."

................................................

"Manik, my offer is still open. Join us, Bro. We will rule the Manhattan."

Aryamaan gulps the neat whisky and mouths in an ardent voice. Manik relaxes on his revolving chair while puffing some rings of smoke.

"I am already ruling its business market, Arya. In any case, I have you and you have me. There is no need of any official pact."

A lopsided smile creeps on Aryamaan's lips. He fills his empty glass once more and utters in a derisive tone,

"Why don't you admit that you don't want to hurt Nandini? She belongs to a lower-middle-class family. The word Mafia is like horror for her. She is lucky, Man. Manik Malhotra, the ruthless, ethicless brute is head over heel for his angel."

Manik's eyes flicker for a nanosecond. He rubs the flaming cigarette in the ashtray and replies in an arctic tone,

"I differ. In fact, I am lucky. She turns my hell into paradise. She is my angel in her brute's paradise."

.................................................

"She is Manik's life. Your friend's wife. How can you desire her?"

His conscience frowns at him. A sinister smile peeks on his lips. He whispers while eyeing the huge image of smiling Nandini hanging on the wall. His eyes become dark in desire.

"Before that, she is a woman. Beautiful and desirable. And everything is fair in love and lust. She is Manik's life but life doesn't last for a lifetime."

He pouts his lips and gestures a kiss at Nandini's smiling face.

"You are beautiful Nandini Malhotra and my thoughts are dangerous."

.............................................

"Manik Sir! Is it necessary to collaborate with Dhawan's? I mean they don't have a good reputation in the market."

Ayan places his point hesitantly as he knows how Manik is possessive about his friends. Manik completes the last signature on the last page of the contract and stares up.

"I know, Ayan and exactly for that reason, I want this collaboration. Because I know neither Cabir nor Dhruv will ever ask for help from me. This is the smartest way to help my friends in their crisis. Don't worry I will take care of everything. By the way, what about Nandini's family? I hope you are taking care of them. I mean from every aspect."

Manik utters the last line in a perilous cold tone. Ayan's every pore gets alert. He replies in an assuring manner,

"Yes, Sir. Ummm...SP Bhosle is keeping in touch with them but as anticipated, Ma'am's parents aren't entertaining his questions. Sir...?"

Ayan halts as he wants to share something important. Manik's eyes squint in query.

"They want Ma'am to go over there. They want to meet their granddaughter."

Ayan's words make Manik's eyes blaze in a sinister emotion. He mutters in a low dangerous tone,

"It will never happen. Nandini will never leave me. Not for a month, not for a day or not for a second. She is safe in my paradise. Understood? Then make them understand this too."

...............................................

"Manik, can I ask you something?"

Nandini asks while running her slender fingers through his unruly silky hair. Manik gulps the milk sucked from her swollen breast and lifts his content face from her bare chest valley.

"You don't need to ask, Angel."

Nandini smiles at her husband's jubilant expression. The room is dark but not so much that she can't see the lines on his face.

"Can I go to India? It's been one and a half years since I haven't met Appa and Amma. Rishav is also being restless."

Nandini observes Manik's eyes turn dark. He keeps on staring at her pleading eyes and suddenly hides his face in the crook of her neck.

"I can't live without you, Angel. I can't sleep without you. Not for a single night. If you go you will never come back. You know how much I remain scared of this reality. So, please don't ask for anything that I can't give you."

Manik's voice is laced with fear and worry. A disheartened sigh comes out of Nandini's chest. Sometimes these lines mean a lot.

"Hell sent us the evilest disease

And we humans called it Love."

Author's note: Happy New year 2022 guys. 🤗🤗🤗💃💃💃I wish this year may bring all the success and happiness in your lives and you all achieve the goals you dreamt of. I promised to give you all a surprise So, this is the dhamaka.💣💥 The much-awaited prologue of the story 'Brute's Paradise'. 🤩🤩These are some random scattered parts of the story. As the story will proceed, you all will be able to connect the parts with the whole plot. So, keep reading, voting, sharing, following and of course, commenting. Because my upcoming chapters will depend on your overwhelming response.👍

Love❤

Suk