Chapter 14 - "He is her home..."

Aryamaan continues,

"I am not used to seeing Manik so vulnerable. He was a fearless lion but you made him weak and soft which is dangerous for him."

Shadow passes over Nandini's eyes.

"It's not a bad thing to be soft. But of course, a mafia leader can't understand it. For you, killing and scaring people is very common but I won't let Manik follow this path. Before reuniting with you, he was changing. He was trying to quit alcohol but..."

She takes a brief pause and picks up the thread,

"Even if he is upset with me, that is our matter. Husband-wife matter. You need not judge whether I am responsible for his condition. Thank you so much for getting him here. But now, you can leave. I will handle my husband."

Her tone is crystal clear. Aryamaan keeps on watching her for a while in the way a tiger watches a bunny. Gradually a sardonic smile appears on his lips. He approaches Nandini in a slow gait and stops some inch far from her. Nandini doesn't retreat and continues eyeing his brown intimidating orbs.

"The more I see you, the more I wonder. You know, till now, no one dared to talk to me like this. Because I haven't given them chances. I just use a bullet and fortunately, a dead man doesn't argue. But you are special. Really special! Uhuu...not because you are Manik's wife but because you are fearless. Today my judgement about you and Manik's love story has become more confirmed. You are challenging and my friend loves challenges."

Saying this, Aryamaan steps back having his hands in his pocket. But his piercing stare is still there.

"Over to you Mrs Malhotra. Your husband is all yours. But remember I don't like to see my friend broken like this. In that case, my bullet doesn't discriminate between a man and a woman."

Aryamaan's cold eyes are perilous but not enough to intimidate Nandini. She doesn't break eye contact and utters only one word,

"Leave!"

Aryamaan glances at Manik for once and rears to exit the room. Nandini keeps on looking at his back and then exhales sharply. Her limbs are getting numb. It's not easy to win a nerve battle with U.A.S's most dangerous Mafia king. Suddenly, Manik's watch starts beeping. His alarm for calling Nandini. Actually, Nandini only made this rule that Manik has to call her at least 3 times a day. So, he put an alarm after every 4 hours for the safe side. Nandini immediately nears the bed and makes Manik lie supine. He is sleeping but still blabbering with inaudible words. Nandini opens his shoes and socks. Then she unbuttons his shirt and takes it off with lots of difficulties. She places a pillow under his head and covers him with a comforter. For a moment, she keeps on admiring his sleepy face.

"I am sorry, Manik. I know I hurt you but I will make it up to you. In every way."

She mumbles inwardly and leans to kiss his forehead. The familiar touch. He is her ultimate home. Nandini stands near the bed and murmurs in an admonishing tone.

"My brute."

.........................................

"Sir, we got it."

Officer Rane almost storms at Bhosle's desk and mouths in an excited voice. Bhosle stares up and asks concernedly,

"What?"

Rane doesn't wait for his senior's permission and sits on the opposite chair.

"We got Aryamaan Khurana's information. To be precise, his whereabouts. Right now, he is the mafia leader of Manhattan, Boston and New York. Apparently, he handles his business in these areas but in reality, his arms and drug business are spread all over the U.S.A."

Rane explains in one go. His eyes are shining with anticipation. SP Bhosle's jaws get hard. With squinted eyes, he mouths,

"Hmmm...good job. I exactly wanted this. Any news about Manik Malhotra? Is he also involved in his mafia business? In that case, we will have the advantage to nab him."

"Unfortunately, no, Sir. My source said that Manik and Aryamaan are good friends. In fact, they are childhood friends. But he doesn't have any connection to his illegal business. Malhotra Companies do their business separately. But recently Malhotra company has signed a deal with Dhawan industry which is run by the Dhawan brothers. Again, both are his childhood friends. I think in the U.S.A, Manik Malhotra has reunited with all his notorious bum chums."

Rane utters the last line in a funny manner which forces Bhosle to frown his brows.

"Hmmm...notorious and extremely clever. It's not going to be an easy task, Rane. To trap Manik Malhotra we have to hit on his weakest point."

He sounds mystic. Officer Rane asks in a curious tone,

"Weakest point?"

SP Bhosle's eyes flicker with anticipation. He mysteriously utters,

"Nandini Malhotra. His Achilles heel."

.......................................

"Before saying anything confirmedly, I need to do some tests."

The Dr scratches the pen on his pad while informing. Navya is lying on the bed, still unconscious. Cabir roams his worried eyes on her and asks the Dr,

"Test for what? Dr please tell me clearly. It's getting on my nerves. She was perfectly alright in the morning but suddenly she fainted."

"That's because it happens in this phase."

Dr says casually while tearing the paper and forwards the prescription to Cabir. With a baffled mind and face, he takes it and asks nervously,

"This phase?"

"Hmmmm...I guess she is expecting. I can be sanguine after these tests. So, please get them done asap."

Informing this, the Dr exits the room with a smiling face. Cabir keeps on staring at Navya's closed eyes with sheer shock. His hands holding the paper tremble a bit.

...........................................

"I don't know what the time it is. My sleep gets broken by the feeling of thirst. I lick my lips to moisten them and mumble softly, 'Nandini'. Nobody answers. I stretch my hand to grope her presence next to me but the place is empty. Suddenly I remember everything. I was with Arya and was drinking. After that, I can't recall anything. Most probably I dozed off. Then where am I? The thought forces me to open my eyes. The room is lit with a dim light. I roam my drowsy eyes all around and realise that I am in my room. Before I could guess more, a soft voice makes me concentrate on the figure."

"You are with me."

Nandini scoots forward to near Manik's face and almost whispers in his ears.

Author's note: Sorry for not completing the Manan moments. It will be continued in the next part. Keep reading and keep waiting. Make it 1.5k family and get a double update.  👍

Love

Suk❤️