Chapter 29 - "Cobweb of conspiracy..."

Being assured about Abhimanyu's confinement, Dhruv comes to his bedroom. It's a lazy afternoon. Ideal for unwinding at home. However, he can't afford this luxury. Dhruv feels jealous of Abhimanyu a bit. How peacefully he is sleeping.

"Lucky chap..."

He mumbles with a satisfactory smile and sits on the stool kept in the bar corner. He turns a glass downside up and pours some whisky into it. Sipping on the liquor he starts contemplating something.

"Abhi...it's good that I got you before you reach Manik but that's not enough, Bro. I know someday Manik will find out who is behind all these. From you or any other source. I do not doubt his smartness."

A lopsided smile adorns his face. He murmurs,

"That's why I have to be smarter. I can mute you anytime, Abhi, but I don't want to. At least not now because you can be useful to whom I can put all the blame if needed in future. You can consider yourself as my safeguard whom I can use in need. Phew..."

He makes a pretentious tired sound and rounds on the stool. His eyes are flickering with a cunning smile.

"But right now, I have to shift my focus a bit on other people. Nandini and SP Apoorva Bhosle. It's been a long, Nandini; I haven't heard from you, Sweetheart. I know how desperately Manik is trying to keep you away from Bhosle. But what to do? This meeting is needed for my next plan."

Dhruv raises the glass and looks at the floating ice cubes in the alcohol while concluding with a hissing voice,

"Try Manik, try! But...this time you will lose this game. Nandini will slip from your grip...slowly...slowly and I will enjoy your defeat...ha...ha...ha..."

He laughs and takes out the mobile from his pocket. He searches out Nandini's number. He saved it as a 'Pawn'. A pawn to checkmate his friend Manik or to destroy an enemy. Who knows? Dhruv chuckles slyly. It didn't take long and Nandini picked the call up. They exchanged their numbers on the day they met at the mall. Or at least, that's what Nandini thinks. In reality, Dhruv had already obtained her number. How else could he be the unknown admirer or the villain in her life?

"Hello!.."

Dhruv makes the voice sugar-coated.

"Yeah...Nandini...I am good...what about you?...Good...good...No...no...I wanted to talk to you only. Manik and I talk almost every day...and to be frank, he is very boring...ha...ha...okay jokes apart. Actually, Aliya wanted to meet you. She always complains that after that party, you both haven't met again... oh really? Then she would be the best option for you. As you know she is a nutritionist and trust me, I am not praising her because she is my fiancée. She is really good. You can't believe I lost 7 kgs in 3 months without any exercise just by following her diet chart. You definitely should consult her... Oh, come on! You are like family. You don't need an appointment. I am sending you her number, just call her and land up there...right...and don't delay...go today only because she is going out of the city tomorrow for a week...yeah...what's the need to tell Manik? You know him...how hyper he is. He will ask so many questions and will put so many conditions. It's better if you just show him the result. I am sure after following Aliya's diet, you will be more fit, healthy and attractive...enough to attract Manik more...ha...ha... forgive my lame jokes. I am sending you her number. Meet her...yeah...Anytime...anytime...bye...all the best."

Dhruv cuts the call. A triumphant grin creeps on his lips. He forwards Aliya's number to Nandini and utters to himself,

"Women are always dissatisfied about their weight. Now, who will tell Nandini that men love voluptuous women more...tch...tch...okay now, the next step. Let me call Bhosle."

Brute's Paradiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें