Chapter 27 - "Monster in disguise..."

The soft breathing sound is coming from the left side of the room where the rocking chair is kept. Dhruv gropes for the switchboard and switches on the light. The room immediately shines with bright light. Simultaneously, a light sound of annoyance comes from the rocking chair's side. It seems somebody is forcefully awakened from his slumber. Dhruv looks in that direction and makes a sound of pity under his tongue.

"Tch...tch...tch..."

A person is curling up on the wooden rocking chair. Dhruv strides towards it and calls again,

"Get up, Abhimanyu Thakkar. It's time to have a one-to-one convo. We have had enough hide-and-seek games. I haven't got you here for relaxation. Long time, no see and long time no fight."

Dhruv mutters sardonically and pulls the sheet wrapped around Abhimanyu's torso, making him devoid of any cover. He stirs a bit and gradually opens his drowsy red eyes. The bright light and the effect of the sedative don't allow him to recognise the person standing in front of him at once. He coughs and strains his eyes to observe the hazy structure. All of a sudden, his brain alerts him of the danger and he recollects the trail of incidents that happened since the yesternight. He was trying to intrude into Manik's penthouse and meet him as he previously did at the party night. That night he cut the power supply, so, that nobody especially the other members of Notorious 5 could see him. He couldn't take the risk. However, his effort failed as the security found the fault and again started the electricity supply. However, his venture didn't crash totally as something shocking caught his attention when he was near the staircase. Someone was grabbing a lady and proposing to her in a very weird manner. It was more than lust and threat than love and surrender. He heard her name too. Nandini. Later he came to know that she is Manik's wife. But who was that man? That time it was the biggest question in his mind. Though, eventually he found out his identity. It was none other than Dhruv. Dhruv Dhawan. The monster in disguise. But now it seems that it would have been better if his identity wouldn't have been disclosed to him. At least, he would have led a free and hidden life as he has been doing since he was announced as dead by the police in Panchgani. For his survival, it was the demand of that situation. Abhimanyu sits up and looks at Dhruv who is now staring at him with a manipulative smile.

"Happy dreaming, Abhi. I think the dose was enough to send you to the land of dreams where you were with your lady love. Your Mukti. But now, it's time to return to reality."

Dhruv's voice is dangerously cool. Abhimanyu touches his nape where Dhruv pushed the injection. The mention of Mukti flickers hatred and anger into his eyes. He springs up seething and approaches Dhruv with staggering steps. He is still feeling dizzy but not enough to cool down his abhorrence. He grabs Dhruv by his collar and jerks him a couple of times. A bout of curse comes out of his mouth,

"Bastard! Don't dare to take her name from your dirty mouth. She killed herself because of you. First, you uploaded her video from my phone and then put all blame on me."

His voice reverberates in the closed room.

"Yes, I did but don't forget my friend that you only shot her when she was changing. You made her naked video, not me."

Dhruv hisses out though doesn't try to free himself from Abhi's hold.

"Yes, I made that video and till now, I repent for that mistake. It was an impulsive step taken by a teenager who was deeply in love with her. But...but..."

Bubbles form in the corner of Abhi's lips. He continues,

"It was never intended to tarnish her image. I really loved her but you came between us. You knew that she considers you as a friend. Only friend. But you misconceived it as unspoken love. You used to stalk her everywhere. Oh God...I don't know how many times Mukti told me that she senses someone's presence around her but I didn't trust her instinct. She kept on asking for help and I kept on ignoring her fear. And I repent for this too. But not this time. I will tell Manik what monster he is trusting. A monster who is prowling on his love. Again, he is up to snatching someone's dream."