Chapter 18 - "Mr Manik Moody..."

"Janet, please get the bags from the car and keep them in the baby's room."

Nandini requests one of the househelps. Janet professionally nods and leaves. Mini already has fallen asleep. In fact, she dozed off in Dhruv's lap only. Nandini is surprised to see Mini's camaraderie with Dhruv in such a short span of time. Fondling her back she heads to her bedroom. Thankfully Manik didn't call her during the shopping time. Otherwise, it would have been difficult for her to lie. Nandini tenderly lays down Mini on the bed. She stirs a bit and then turns to sleep again. Nandini sighs tiredly, stretches herself to loosen her nerves. Only then a soft knock is heard at the door. Nandini immediately rushes to open it lest Mini wakes up. Janet is standing outside holding a bag. Nandini frowns.

"I told you to keep them in the baby's room."

Nandini showed light annoyance. Janet wobbles in denial and mouths in a low voice,

"Manik's Sir sent this through his driver, Ma'am. And he told me to give this to you. I have already kept your bags in the baby's room."

Her words bring lines to Nandini's forehead.

"Manik sent!"

She murmurs confusedly and takes the brown bag from Janet's hand.

"Okay, thank you!"

She says formally and Janet leaves. Nandini closes the door carefully and peeps inside the bag. There is a box neatly wrapped in gift paper. A tag is also stuck on the corner. She carefully takes out the box and reads the note written on the tag.

"A small gift to my small wife."

A smiling face with a wink is also drawn.

"Small wife, seriously? Mr Eiffel Tower!"

Nandini mumbles under her breath and the next moment giggles. Her urge to keep on naming him with weird words will never change. She eagerly tears the wrapping paper and unboxes the surprise. Her eyes squint in confusion. There is a beautiful green dress. Nandini picks it up and a folded paper drops on the floor. Nandini bends and lifts it. It looks like a letter. A coy smile creeps on her lips. She unfolds it.

Manik's gift to Nandini

"Hope you liked the gift. Of course, you liked it. Your smiling face proves that. Okay, so you know that I am not a very romantic person but today I have tried a bit to be that. I want to take you on a date. Now, don't frown. I know we never romanced in such a way but it's a good time to initiate one. I will pick you up by 7 pm. Be ready. And please wear this dress. Don't give any excuses because I am not in the mood to hear any.

Love you. Wait for me..."

Mr Manik Moody (Even I can honour me with weird names)

"Manik Moody...hmmmm. Even better, Mr Capricious. Even God doesn't know when and why your mood changes."