Chapter 23 - "Secrets of the Past..."

"As I enter Arya's office, the vibes give me a notion that something not so good is occurring. Since I have unofficially joined his mafia world, I have become attuned to this malevolent feeling. Arya impersonates himself as a full-fledged businessman but I know in reality, he enjoys being the mafia king of this world more. Although he was not this perilous and bloodthirsty in his childhood, the betrayal of his stepfather and the upbringing of his foster mafia father made him like this. Now he can be easily compared to a naked weapon that can rip anyone apart and can vanish like an unstoppable and untrappable wind. I stop at the threshold of his room. The door is closed and a gunman is guarding outside. His hawk eyes meet mine and obedience replaces the deadpan emotion. I knock at the door lightly and step in without waiting for permission. My eyes fall on an expected sight. Arya is torturing a man who is screaming like an animal that is being butchered mercilessly. Due to soundproof walls, his screams can't go outside. Arya looks at me. His eyes are brimmed with diabolic emotions. I look at the man tied to a chair. Most of his nails are plucked until now and Arya has a plier in his hand. The man gazes at me as if I have come here to save him from this devil. But he doesn't know that a devil always gets along with a devil only. However, right now, I have a more important discussion with my friend. This mundane work can wait for some time. I occupy a chair and curve my lips at Arya."

"Stop playing with this toy for a while. I have more important things to discuss."

Manik utters in a concerned tone. Aryamaan keeps the plier on the table and calls the guard who was waiting outside of the room. Within a minute the blood-soaked man gets removed from the cabin. There are some blood stains on Aryamaan's white shirt. He takes his shirt off and throws it on the floor. His ripped body is shining with sweat. He lights a cigar and sits on the table's edge fairly close to Manik's seat. Manik's eyes go down to his hand. His hand is bleeding and he is oblivious to it.

"Your hand is bleeding. Get a first aid."

Manik suggests. Aryamaan puffs some smoke and retorts,

"Is this your important talk?"

Manik budges on his seat and replies,

"No...as I said it is related to Nandini."

He takes some seconds to muster his thoughts.

"SP Bhosle is here and he tried to blackmail me."

Manik mouths with an unshaken voice. Aryamaan folds his hands across his chest and puffs the smoke through his nostrils. His eyes are dark.

"Hmmmmm...I have some news too. He came here to investigate something. Some days ago, one of my consignments got caught in Mumbai port. He is here by sniffing my name and of course, you are the sitting duck who is associated with me. Vacation is just an eye wash."

He mutters staring at his wound. Manik wobbles in denial,

"Uhu...here you are associated with me, unfortunately. His actual target is Manik Malhotra and he wants to reach me through you and Nandini. He threatened me by her name. You know what I meant. He just pressed the wrong chord by trying to blackmail me with Nandini's matter. I won't spare him, Arya."

Manik bellows. Every line of his face gets hard by suppressed rage. Aryamaan stands straight and walks towards a closet to take out a tee shirt. Slipping into it, he mouths in a casual tone,

"What will you do? Will you kill him?"

Manik chuckles mischievously and hisses,

"No...that would be the last option. I have another interesting plan. I want you to introduce me openly in the Mafia world as your partner. This is the time to come into the daylight."