Chapter 16- "Their decisions..."

"Baby, your command is my priority...His last line is drilling into my mind. I punch the punching bag hard for the last time and the hook attached to the ceiling opens to thwack it on the floor. I look at my knuckles. Despite being wrapped with bands, they have blood patches. What can I do? Nandini took a promise from me that I will behave rationally. Rationally my foot! How could that manwhore talk to her like this? Angel is mine, only mine. Nobody can even think of her in an inappropriate way. And here that bastard has dared to touch her. I kick the punching bag to shed my frustration and sit on the gym utility bench, panting due to a rigorous workout. Workout is just an excuse to control the demon inside me. I have to keep my word. After all, angel swore on Mini and my anger is not bigger than my family. However, I can't let him go like this. He dared to disturb my life so, I have the responsibility to destroy his too. At least a small cut across his face. A diabolic grin at last peeks on my lips. I unwrap the blood-drenched bands from my hands and fist them a couple of times to subside the pain. I know that dickhead is a coward. Otherwise, he didn't use the darkness to disturb Nandini at the party. But who can he be? Any of my known for sure. Any business client? A media person or a high-profile government official? He can be anyone but he must be influential. Or else, he would have thought hundred times before messing with me. But I couldn't recognize his voice over the call. He must have distorted his voice to camouflage his real identity. But how long? I smirk. Angel's swear words can control my anger but they can't control my devil's mind. If it can't be this way then it will be that way"

Manik licks his chafed knuckles. The sweat beads formed in between his fingers are causing a burning sensation in the wounds. However, it is giving him a masochistic pleasure to focus on his next step. Last night he was angry with Nandini. But when she explained the cause of her restlessness and moreover when that phone call came to support her fear, he was feeling to cage her in his protective arms. He could imagine what she must have gone through during this period. That bastard was calling her, disturbing her and she couldn't share it with him.

"Fuck..."

He swears under his breath. Suddenly something strikes his mind. He immediately gets up and fishes out the mobile of his track pant.

"Ayan, I am sending you a number. Trace the caller and let me know...yes, very urgent. And remember, do it secretly. No one, I mean no one, especially Nandini shouldn't know about this. It can be a bit hard as the caller is using different sim cards or mobile. Use your all contacts but I want the man. Hmmm...okay. Any update about Nandini's parents? Good."

He hangs up the call and gulps some water following to empty the bottle over his head. Shaking up his head, he tries to normalize his inner rage.

"Angel, a tiger can furl his paws but can't shed his nails. This devil will set the fire world around you but never let a flame touch you."

He hisses out and runs his fingers through his wet tresses.

...................................

"Do you want to keep this baby? Because I don't."

Cabir's words are slashing Navya's heart again and again. She slams the taxi door and commands,

"Atlanta Apartments, 8th street St Marks Place."

The driver puts the location on his GPS and presses the accelerator. She glances outside for the last time. In a moment, Cabir standing on his apartment balcony gets vanished from her sight. Her eyes feel a burning sensation. It was expected, still, maybe she had hope beyond hope. Navya bites her lower lip to control her outburst. Some words and flashes come in front of her eyes that happened a few minutes ago. She leans back and closes her eyes.