Chapter 1 - "Love or madness..?"

"Manik, today Dr Morgan has given an appointment for Rishav. I also have to get Mini to her Pediatrician. I have packed your lunch and kept your suit on the bed. You have a meeting with the foreign delegates, right? All the best."

Nandini cheers her husband with a bright smile while laying down the grey suit on the bed. She wraps the pallu (The end part of a saree that covers the chest) around her waist and observes the clothes if there are any flaws. Her beautiful face is glazing with sweat. In the morning, it gets really hectic for her. Manik was drying his hair with a dryer when her words attract his attention. He looks at his wife through the mirror. Not only look he actually minutely scrutinizes all curves and lines of her body. After the birth of Manikya, Nandini has become a bit chubby. It's nothing but the post-pregnancy weight gain. Some women feel conscious about it. Nandini is no exception. Manik often finds her out in front of the mirror, stroking her little plumpy belly while pouting in despair. However, in Manik's case, it works totally differently. According to him, the extra flesh on her body makes her sexier and more alluring. Manik's dark eyes trail up, measuring the bends and turns of her hips, waist and chest and finally get fixed on her angelic face. His forehead forms a deep 'V'. Some strands of her tresses are stuck on her forehead because of sweat. He switches off the dryer and tightens the belt of his white bathrobe. Nandini is still engrossed in her thoughts. She is doubtful if this white shirt is being a very obvious choice for this grey Armani suit or if she should be more adventurous. Manik saunters at her and stands just behind. He scoots forward and nears his mouth to her ear.

"Why are you so stubborn, Nandini?"

Manik's husky words startle Nandini. She flips with a jolt. Manik's eyes are dark. But she knows that it's not because of desire instead, her husband is annoyed by something. His obvious call 'Angel' turning to Nandini is its proof. Nandini wipes the area of her mouth and asks in a sceptic tone,

"Now, what have I done?"

In reply, Manik touches the tresses that are clung to her smooth forehead and pushes them behind her ear. His fingers don't stop there instead, they skim down and settle on her collarbone.

"How many servants do we have in our house? Okay, forget it. I know it's really hard to remember the number. So, how many chefs and how many laundry boys are there among them?"

Manik sounds cool yet intimidating. Nandini can smell his hint. She bites her tongue inwardly. Manik's fingers are still doodling on her upper chest area. Sometimes they are touching the line of her cleavage, giving her tremor to every pore.

"I think plenty. Still, you burden yourself by making my breakfast, lunch and dinner despite my persuasion. Now, what it should be called? Of course, stubbornness."

He trails up the forefinger along her throat and pushes her chin to make her meet his eyes. Nandini bats her lashes a couple of times and replies with confidence,

"No, it should be called my responsibility and care towards my husband. Manik, I used to belong to a very middle-class family where I always have seen my Amma doing all these normal household courses happily. So, it naturally comes to me. You insisted on appointing a nanny for Mini; I agreed with your decision. But please don't make me sit and eat for the entire day. I can't. Look, I have become so fatty."

Nandini points at her body which brings an instant smile to Manik's lips. Suddenly, he encircles her into his stout arms and yanks her frame to press it against his hard chest.

"This baby fat has turned you sexier, my Angel. Have you ever minutely observed yourself? Your hips, your curves, your boobs...ufff I can die for these."

He utters in a raspy tone while rubbing his manly chest with her upper torso so that, he can feel the softness of her bosoms. Nandini feels weak on her knees. This man can make her vulnerable at any time. Manik nears her lips to take her petals into his mouth when Nandini retreats her head like a serpentine. Her eyes have mischief.