Beidou x Reader ♡◇

[Happy New Year! And thank you so much for 16,000 views! I never expected people to like my writing sm<3]

My back roughly hit the sand.

Where even was I?

Some island between Liyue and Inazuma?

I didn't know. All I knew is that I was being attacked by some weird creature; not knowing where my weapon was.

How did I even get to this island? I tried to make out my surroundings while running from the weird dinosaur-like creature.
As I gazed up, I saw a glimpse of some sort of cliff. And that's when realization hit me.

Guyun Stone Forest.

There are several islands connecting with Guyun Stone Forest, I was clearly on the one with the shrine of depth on it.
I should not have stopped to glance into the distance, because within that time the monster struck me in the back and I got pushed back down to the warm sand.

Would this really be how my life ended? Smacked to death by some random dinosaur thing on an inhabited island?
Just as I was about to fight back the creature with my bare hands, it somehow kicked the floor, shooting tiny grains of sands and rocks straight into my face - some went in my eyes.

My first instinct was to subconsciously try to cry and to get the sand out of my eyes, so that's what I did.
"Ow, ow, ow!" I groaned, quickly rubbing my eyes in agony.

I had to keep my eyes shut. I obviously couldn't see the source of violence roaming around me.
Well, I guess this is how I'd die. My fate had been sealed by a dinosaur looking ass.

Or that's what I thought.

"Hang in there, love!" I heard a voice shout from my left, along with sounds of the sea being pushed away.
Although I wanted to look for the sound, my eyes hurt too much and I fell unconscious.

Yeah. Sounds weak, but I couldn't stop it from happening.

Later on, in the evening, I woke up while engulfed in a soft, fluffy mattress.
"Ah, you're finally awake, Y/N." The same voice from before sounded calmer this time, like they were at ease.

I tried to open my eyes; however a fabric was placed over my left.
"Oh! Yeah, your eye looked pretty irritated and sore, so I put on one of my spare eyepatches from you. Hope ya don't mind!~" The voice revealed to be one of my friends, Captain Beidou. I hadn't realized she was the one to save me.

"Beidou?" I asked, tire in my voice.

"That's my name!"

"Uh, where am I?"

She chuckled loudly before sitting on the bed I was comfortably laying on.

"My ship, of course! Do you really think I'd leave you on that island with that pest?" Beidou put her hand on my head and sighed, listening to the calming waves of the ocean.

"Pest? What was it?" I tried to recall what happened, but the monster's identity didn't occur to me.

"Just a geovishap hatchling. Annoying little things."

My face heated up.
I really got knocked out by a tiny geovishap.

"O-Oh...! Right, I knew that..." I nervously whispered. Beidou laughed again.

"No worries, that one seemed pretty strong from what I saw." Beidou started, "But you owe me big time for saving ya, darlin'!" She jokingly added.

Beidou had always made flirtatious actions towards me, like little nicknames and jokingly snarky comments, but never like this did it give me butterflies...

"Right! Well, I think it's time that you get some rest, okay? Your eye will be better in a few hours at max." Beidou got up and smirked at me.

"You can stay on the ship as long as you'd like. I mean, the longer you're here, the better it is for me!~" I laughed at her comment and nodded.

"Alright. Goodnight, Captain."

"Goodnight, love!"