Chapter 16: Baking Contest

2nd person.:

You tried your best not to complain, but you couldn't stand being bored for much longer.
Camilo was playing video games and you were staring at the ceiling. Also bored out of her mind Reina pounces on your stomach, and coils up relaxing.

(Y/n)
"Mi vida can we do anything else besides this?"
(Camilo)
"Why? What's wrong amor?"
(Y/n)
"I'm just so bored!!"

Camilo paused his game and looked over at your pouting face. He walked up to the bed and kissed your forehead and flopped on the bed aside you.

(Camilo)
"I know.. but I can't really think of anything to do."
(Y/n)
"Hmm..neither can I."

Instead of figuring out what to do you two just decided to go downstairs and have a quick snack hoping that an idea will come to you. Reina also follows you two out of the room.

As you two walked into the kitchen, you saw Julieta baking and watching a baking contest on the box TV. An idea slowly came to mind.

(Y/n)
"Wouldn't it be cool to be in a baking contest."
(Camilo)
"Yeah wait-"

It was as if a lightbulb appeared above your heads at the exact same moment.

(Camilo & Y/n)
"A BAKING CONTEST!"

As you both shouted, frightening Julieta, and Reina. Although the shout was loud enough to make Renia run out of the kitchen and go back up to Camilo's room.

(Julieta)
"Don't shout like that! You'll scare everyone and everything in the house!"

She hushed you and Camilo, before you apologized for shouting. You and Camilo gave each other mischievous looks and slyly walked up to Julieta.

(Camilo)
"Soo...Tia, it must be so tiring to cook and bake for the family, every...single...day."
(Julieta)
"Actually no I quite like i-"
(Y/n)
"So draining... SO! What if we said you can have a day or relaxation, but also a day of fun!"
(Julieta)
"What are you two planning?"
(Camilo)
"THE MADRIGAL FAMILY BAKING COMPETITION!"
(Julieta)
"Well..it doesn't seem like a bad idea. I'll do it!"
(Y/n)
"Well you'll be our judge! You know since you cook everything in this house!"
(Julieta)
"I like that idea!"
(Camilo)
"Alright!! Now we just got to get everyone else involved."

[time skip]

Everyone eventually ended up agreeing! Since there was an uneven amount of people some groups could have an extra people, although they would get critiqued harder.

As the groups were chosen Julieta made a list. To enter the competition you needed a team name and the dessert you were choosing to make.

Group 1:
Agustín, Bruno, & Abuela
Team name: The Exquisite Elders
The dessert: Flan

Group 2:
Pepa & Felíx
Team name: Double Trouble
The dessert: Chocolate Tres Leches Cake

Group 3:
Isabella, Dolores, & Luisa
Team name: Perfect Pastry Pals
The dessert: Baked Apple Empanadas

Group 4:
Y/n & Camilo
Team name: Best Bakers In The World (aka BBITW) -Camilo's idea
The dessert: Mexican Buñuelos

Group 5:
Antonio & Mirabel
Team name: Coolest Cousins
The dessert: Cinnamon Churros

You all set up in different areas in the kitchen pretending like it was your own station.