Chapter 19: Slow Dancing The Rain

2nd person:

You were so excited!! Today was your 3 month anniversary with Camilo! Normally you wouldn't be too excited but 3 is your lucky number so you were quite excited for this date.

You got ready for the day and went out to do your chores.

As you walked to town you passed by Camilo, and you noticed there was a crowd of girls surrounding him. You can tell he felt quite uncomfortable around them due the awkward smile he had on his face.

You didn't want to leave him like that so you walked over to them and hugged him from behind. Which got all of the girl's attention.

(Girl 1)
"Um excuse you. Who do you think you are touching my boyfriend like that?"

Camilo's face scrunched in shock and disgust.

(Y/n)
"What do you mean? He's my boyfriend."
(Girl 1)
"Hah! As if! You couldn't get anyone looking like that."

She pointed to the mud stains on the bottom of your skirt which came from helping the gardener earlier in the morning.

(Y/n)
"So what? A little dirt never hurt anyone.."
(Girl 1)
"See, that's the reason Camilo would never be your boyfriend! Who would want to have someone as disgusting as you for a partner!"

Camilo has had enough, so he stepped in front of you in a protective position.

(Camilo)
"Look, I don't mean to be rude. But you have no right talking to my GIRLFRIEND like that, do you understand me? Just because she has dirt on her skirt doesn't mean anything. I'd choose her over any of you, because unlike her you all have disgusting personalities. So please leave me alone for the last and final time."

He holds your hand in his and leads you away from the crowd that unfortunately saw the incident. You two went into a quiet space around the garden area.

(Camilo)
"I'm so sorry mi amor! I swear I tried to get them away but they kept following me, and every time I would try to tell them I was taken they would say that I'm just making it up. Ugh! I hate it! I would never be un-loyal to you mi amor...I love you..."

You softly smiled at him and kissed his lips. As he pulled you in closer by your waist, the kiss deepened. You reached your arms and played with his hair as you kissed.

As you pulled away from each other to get some air, you rested your foreheads against the others. You laughed lightly and hugged him tightly.

(Y/n)
"I love you too mi vida.."

[time skip]

As you finished with your chores you went back to the casita and began to get ready for your date with Camilo.

You put on a yellow and orange patterned skirt to match with his ruana. Then you put your hair in a high ponytail and put a headband on to keep everything in place. You went down stairs and ate a little piece of bread before you left to meet him at the designated spot for your date.

As you made your way through the town you noticed a slight sprinkle. You thought that Pepa probably was either slightly overwhelmed or slightly too excited about something, or she was just emotional.

You continued walking until you reached the meadow. There you heard soft romantic music playing in the background. There you saw Camilo in his special occasion ruana, which matched with your dress. To meet him there was a path of tulip pedals leading you to him.

As you got to him he embraced you in a hug and sat you down on the blanket.

You two talked about you day, about each other, and about the incident today. He apologized once again for that happening but you excused it because you weren't mad at him, you just cared that you were with him at the moment.

He brought out a little picnic basket and set up the food. There was sandwiches, fruits and other tiny healthy snacks. It was peaceful, and you were grateful.

As the night continued on the sun was setting and Camilo stood up. You stood up along side with him confused at what he was doing.

He got on one knee and opened a tiny box.

(Camilo)
"Obviously it's way too early to get married but, I got you... a promise ring. I felt bad about what happened today and I want you to know that I'm yours and no one else's. You're the one that makes me blush when I think of you. You're the one who I can see myself being with for the rest of my life..."

You start to tear up as you also get on one knee.

(Y/n)
"Well..you kind of beat me to it. I was going to give you the same thing. I sort of felt bad that you had to go through that. I know you get jealous sometimes too when the village boys come up to me and flirt with me but I want you to know that I'm yours, and yours only.. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Camilo."

He was tearing up at this point, and so were you. You two put on the rings you got for each other and gave each other a hug.

It started to sprinkle a little bit, and Camilo thought why not make it an even better night.

He turned up the music playing sort of loudly. He stood up and put out his hand to you.

(Camilo)
"May I have this dance mi amor?"
(T/n)
"Of course mi vida.."

You two danced the night away looking into each other's eyes and talking about how much you loved each other.

Meanwhile back at the casita Dolores was giving everyone the inside scoop at your guy's date .Pepa and Felíx were tearing up with joy. Felíx especially, he was very proud of his boy.

A/n:
Hey y'all! Thank you so so sooo much for all the reads!! I appreciate it so so much! Since it's the eeekend now I'll try to update as much as possible! I JUST NEED MORE IDEAS!! I'm running out and I can't find anything that you guys would really enjoy reading:(( so please give me ideas and again I'll credit you on them!
Anyways goodnight/afternoon/morning! Love y'all:))