79.

"Alright, last fucking dot

"Alright, last fucking dot. Ready?" Jace says, holding his pointing finger up in the air dramatically. 

I have to laugh. "Do it" I say, encouraging him.

He presses a key on his keyboard and shuts his laptop right away. "Done. It's summer, baby!" he yells, removing the electronic device from his lap to place me in it instead.

I put the book that was in my hands away, to give my full attention to Jace. "I'm proud of you" I let him know, playing with the hair at the back of his head.

"Thank you baby" he answers, placing a kiss on my forehead.

After we've returned from the beach house, Jace had an important term paper to write for one of his classes. Now, about 10 days later, he finally finished it. Today he did the last touches, after I had read it for him to check for any spelling mistakes. I don't know what I expected, but Jace's writing style was amazing. He did such a good job on it, that I'm sure he'll get a good grade. I enjoy Jace's touch and the warm summer air streaming through the open window for a few minutes longer. 

"What do you want to do today?" Jace asks me gently, knowing that I'd love to have plans today.

Summer break is for about two more months, and I'm not really good with that much free time. I check my phone to see what time it is, but my eyes get stuck on the date instead. Today's the first of July, and somehow I completely forgot about the most important date of the year. My eyes grow wide. Tomorrow's my birthday, and I didn't even tell Jace about it.

"Don't be mad at me" I say quietly, leaning up to face him.

Jace looks at me with a confused face. "What?" he asks me.

"It's sort of my birthday tomorrow" I say, not sure how he's going to react. 

His eyes grow just as wide as mine. "Tomorrow?" he asks, wanting to make sure he heard me correctly.

"Yeah" I say cautiously.

"Are you fucking serious? And you didn't tell me?" he says, looking down to me.

"I'm so sorry. I guess it never came up, and I didn't give it much thought these past few days" I say, not wanting him to think I kept it from him for some reason. 

Jace lets out a big sigh. "Well, fuck me" he says, letting his hand glide through his short hair.

"You know I don't expect you to get me anything" I say, trying to make him feel better about the situation. 

I stroke his cheek with my thumb. He looks at me with a look that I can't make out. "I'm really sorry" I say quietly once again.

"Alright, at least tell me what you want to do tomorrow then. We'll plan something nice" Jace suggests, and I smile at his sweet gesture. 

Just as I'm about to answer, the sound of my mom's ringtone interrupts me. "Hold that thought" I tell him, finding my phone on the covers and answering it.  "Hey mom" I answer, smiling once I hear her voice.