Graduation

Taylor's POV:

It's been 12 years since my mom and dad got divorced but it didn't matter at this moment becuase the day was finally here. Graduation. I have been waiting for this day ever since I was 7 years old. I knew that when this day would come I would get to see my sister again which is all I ever wanted.

Vikki and I were in my room doing our make-up before Ryan would be coming to pick us up so we could get to the school slightly early and then our parents would meet us there. Ryan and I have been going to school together ever since elementary school but when Vikki moved to town and her dad married my mom, she started coming to our elementary school in grade 3 so we have all been together since then.

I have occasionally been talking to Rebecca but it would only be every few months which really sucked and I wasn't able to talk to her all of this year because she was traveling the world with this charity.

My mom ended up going to university to become a Lawyer so that she could support Vikki and I even though Richard had an amazing job my mom really didn't want to be one of those Trophy Wives that half of the women in my neighbourhood were.

Vikki and I touch up our make-up and we pull our dresses and shoes on (in the picture above).

"You look amazing." We say in sync and chuckle

"No seriously Em you look so good and you never wear dresses often so this is a big deal girl!" She exclaims zipping the back up and I let my hear cascade down my back when she's done and I go to zip hers up.

"Trust me you look much better then I do honey." I say as she giggles slightly

"Oh shut up." Vikki says and starts walking down the stairs with her shoes in one hand and her phone in the other.

It was true though. Vikki was so beautiful and she had a beautiful hour-glass figure that basically every guy at our high school would drool over. I was more of the outcast and basically a nerd. I didn't wear super tight stuff but I would wear a crop top once in a while you know? I'm not like uncomfortable with myself. I just don't have a figure I guess you could say.

Once we got down the stairs my mom was crying silently and Richard had a huge smile on his face. Richard was the Dean of the University of Central Florida so thats how Ryan got a football scholarship there to play as the quarter back but he also needed to keep his grades up. 

We took a few pictures and once we heard Rylan honking outside we slipped on our heels and said our goodbyes to our parents.

"So are you guys excited?" Ryan asks as we step out of the car and wlak over to the school's gymnasium to check in and get our gowns for the ceremony.

"Yeah I'm kinda nervous though cause I'm valedictorian and I don't know if its good enough." I say wiping my sweaty palms on my gown. Before Vikki could reply her ass of a boyfriend came over to us. Perfect

"Hey guys." He says happily

"Hey Drew" I say annoyed. Vikki senses it and just pulls Drew to the side so they can talk alone.

"God I hate that guy." Ryan says rolling his eyes "But anyways, your going to be fine. Everyone is going to love your speech and Becca is gonna be so happy to see you up on that stage." Ryan says holding my shoulders

"Thanks Ry." I say and hug him tightly

"Hey do you still like her?" I ask him as we release each other

"Uh...yeah I guess." He says nervously

"Dude you really gotta make your move before its too late!" I exclaim

"I will. I will." He says softly and then Vikki comes over to me telling me that we need to go take our seats.

----------------------------------

I was walking onto the stage to give my speech and as I get there I look around to find my mom but I find the 2 seats besider her emtpy. Becca and dad weren't here yet. Sigh. I shake the thought out of y head and start my speech.

Once I finished my speech I get a huge round of applause and a huge smile was framed on my face from how amazing the whole speech went. Hopefully Ryan got in on film so that Becca and dad can watch it later.

I went to take my seat as they were going to start to give out all the diplomas to all the students. I hope I don't trip on stage cause that would really suck. They start to call out names and I watch how one at a time each person goes up.I look around the room and find Ryan giving me a thumbs up slightly behind me and I quietly giggle and blow him a kiss back.

Before I knew it they were starting on the W's and my name was about to be called. "Emily Wise-Walker" the voice calls and I get up slowly and grab my diploma and a smile crawls back onto my face as I finally accomplished my biggest obsticle in life.

----------------------------------

I walk over to Vikki and we go meet up with my mom and Richard and they give us huge hugs and of course we take more pictures.

"Hey mom where is Becca and Dad?" I ask and she smiles and points behind me. I turn around and my stomach starts doing backflips and I see my big sister for the first time in 12 years.