Chapter 20

Sunoo's attitude became worser to worst. He didn't realize what he had become. He was so blind from his rage and sadness that he can't even look clearly at the mirror.

However, all came to a single point. And that single point would eventually change the trajectory of his life.

Sunoo ordered his all siblings to meet him at the place where the great tree is located. It is located to the outskirts of the town. Some would say that the great tree has a mysterious entity living.

Sunoo heard those rumors found it to be exciting. Meanwhile, his siblings are trembling with fear. Even the oldest one. They were really afraid of what Sunoo had become.

As they gather upon the shade of the great tree. Sunoo placed his hands on his back and starts to march like a strict professor would.

"Okay, now is the time to test your loyalty. Now I have a challenge for all of you." Sunoo said.

"Sunoo, We're sorry. Please whatever you're planning, stop it. I beg you." The oldest spoke.

"No! I can't just look away what you've all done. Nobody loved me, nobody cared for me. Nobody even paid me any genuine attention. All I want was a love from my parents and my siblings got. But look what I received. You all bullied, shamed, and disrespected my life." Sunoo replied with anger. It was a long time containing his emotions.

It is definitely needed to express his restrained emotions. The anger, the shame, the despair, and the sadness he felt from all those people he LOVED.

"Now, who's going to climb at the great tree? Raise your hands." Sunoo said.

No one raised their hands. No one spoke a bit.
Sunoo thought that it's boring if no one would raise their hands. So he decided something.

"Since no one is going to raise their hands then I'll choose who should climb the great tree." Sunoo said.

Everyone in his siblings trembled with fear. The great tree is very big. It is difficult and impossible to climb at the top.

"Then I chose you Cane. I need you to climb the great tree and go back here." Sunoo said.

Cane, the second youngest out of all the siblings trembled with fear. He wasn't ready or shall we say, no one is ready enough to climb the great tree.

He cried and shook with fear. The oldest decided to step up. "Sunoo, let me be the one to climb the tree. I'll do it instead of Cane."

Sunoo find it more exciting that the oldest decided to step up and willingly to sacrifice himself. A feeling that he has never experienced. No one, has ever done that to him. A bitter smile appeared within his face.

It became a slap to his face that the bonding of his siblings is greater than what he thinks of. A bonding that he might never be actually part of and it saddens him greatly.

Sunoo decided to look away for a moment and wipe his tears in secret. He wasn't going to show them that it's still affecting him.

"Sure. Go ahead." Sunoo replied fixing himself.

The oldest closes the distance between the tree and him. He started to climb using his hands and feet. All of the siblings went to watch with fear and some are crying.

He goes to climb and climb. It is fairly high enough but not halfway to the top. The oldest tightened his grip and continued to climb. Unfortunately, something unpredictable happened. A rain broke out in the middle of climbing. Raindrops fell upon the tree which made it more difficult to grip the branches of the tree.