Chapter 29

Sunoo wakes up with a heavy heart. He figured again that Sunghoon isn't here because there's no single movement. He checks everything and it's the same routine. There's no breakfast, no text even no note indicating he left.

"I guess, I'll be going alone on the match. At least, I'll see him there." Sunoo thought.

He goes to prepare simple breakfast and takes a bath. After that he went to look at his phone. "The match is in an hour. Would you like me to pick you up?" Jay texted.

"It's okay. I'll be okay going alone." Sunoo replied.

"No, I insist. I'm kinda on the way. I'll meet you on the entrance?" Jay texted.

Sunoo immediately confirmed and went to change into something sporty. He wore a jersey and a short. After that, he waited on the entrance for Jay.

"Sunoo! Here!" Jay called him out.

Sunoo makes his way to the shotgun seat. "Hey, you look good with that jersey." Jay complimented him.

"Thanks, I somehow want to invest in my ensemble today." Sunoo replied.

"Then can you wear my jersey? I have a spare one." Jay said.

"Ah, sure." Sunoo gave in, kinda not sure what to say.

"You can change here. I'll just go outside." Jay said and left the car.

Meanwhile, Sunoo grabbing Jay's jersey. It's really clear why he wants him to wear it. It has initials, P. J- Park, Jay number 30.

Sunoo doesn't really want to wear this because it will attract a lot of attention. But he already agreed he will. So he changed into Jay's jersey and knocked the window after.

"Wow, I promise, you look better wearing my jersey. I'm giving it to you. I want you to wear that when I invite you again to my match." Jay said.

Sunoo just smiled as response. When they arrive at the gym, everybody went to greet Jay. It seems like Jay is really well-known figure. plus, they really took notice about the person Jay brought.

They went inside the gym, and it is packed as hell. Gladly, Jay has his own bench to let someone sit.

Jay went to escort Sunoo on Jay's bench. As they heads towards there. Sunoo immediately saw a familiar figure wearing a jersey on the same bench he was sitting on the last match- Jungwon.

Sunoo and Jungwon never really talked. In class or outside. So it doesn't come surprisingly that Jungwon only knew Sunoo as a classmate.

Sunoo slid in Jay's bench and settled himself. "Watch me play okay?" Jay said.

"Why are you acting like we're boyfriends?Hahahaha" Sunoo snapped.

"I mean, we're going there right?" Jay winked and instantly left.

Sunoo could only roll his eyes by Jay's mischievousness.

"Hi, it's Sunoo right? I'm Jungwon." Jungwon introduced himself.

"Hmmm, nice to meet you Jungwon." Sunoo replied.

"Is Jay your boyfriend? please be careful he's kinda player among the rumors." Jungwon informed.

"Ah, we aren't a thing. we just you know- Friends." Sunoo replied.

"Are you really friends? I see you wearing his jersey tho. With his initials. P. J - Park, Jay. I also got mine. P. S - Park, Sunghoon. It's cute right? I don't know, he kinda want me to wear this." Jungwon showed his back jersey. Sunoo could only swallow dry.

"Yeah, you're right. We're more than friends." Sunoo retaliated. He can't just stand there while taking every blows from Sunghoon. He also need to show that he doesn't have any feelings.

"I guessed right. You know, you can tell me. I think we're gonna be the besties." Jungwon said while smiling genuinely.

"Sure." Sunoo timidly replied. Not wanting to extend the conversation longer.

The match started. Jay dribbles the ball on the way to the ring. He passes it to Jake and passes it to Heeseung. He was about to shoot when he's cornered with two opponents. He passed it to Jay again and he tried for three points. It landed on the ring.

The crowd went wild. Not even a minute or two, the match is getting intense. Sunghoon got the ball, he dribbles on the way to the opponent and dunks the ball gaining one point. Jungwon cheered. "GO SUNGHOON! GO SUNGHOON!" Jungwon shouted which earned him Sunghoon's attention.

Sunoo could only look downward to avoid looking at him, "Omg, Sunghoon winked at you Jungwon." Everybody near them shouted cause apparently Sunghoon winked at Jungwon.

Sunoo is feeling shitty right now. He is supposed to be at Jungwon's place if he only agreed to be with Sunghoon. But the wish is really important. He mustn't break the goddamn rule.

Jay got free shot. The players lined up and Jay on the center aiming for the shot. Everybody went silent. Until Jay shouted. "This is for Sunoo wearing my jersey right now and watching my match!"

Everybody looked at him, they started teasing Sunoo. "Omg, is that Jay's boyfriend? He looks cute." "Yeah, but isn't he a player like pun intended. I just hope he doesn't break that Sunoo's heart." These whispers or some would call, saying it in front of him because he clearly can hear them talking about him.

Sunoo looks at Sunghoon's expression but he still as stoic and focused on the game. Despite knowing he's there, he doesn't care anymore. Sunoo lighted a fire against a fire. He can't just lose his own face into his own game.

"Go Jay! If you can successfully shoot it, I'll give you something later!" Sunoo shouted. Which earned a lot of cheers and roars.

Jay looked at Sunoo and winked at him. Unfortunately, it didn't get in. Everyone roared and Sunoo covered his face from embarrassment. I mean, Imagine saying it in front of a large crowd and only for him to fail.

Jay immediately went to Sunoo's bench and kissed his hand to make up for the lost point. "I'm sorry, I didn't get it in." Jay said. The crowd went wild again.

The match continues and it eventually ended on a 94-85. Sunghoon and Jay went the same time to Sunoo and Jungwon. The four of them meet in the same space.

"Bro, congrats." Sunghoon said.

"Same, congrats. Is that Jungwon? Wow, you really got the hooks." Jay replied.

"Yeah, this is Jungwon." Sunghoon said.

"Hi, Jay. Nice to meet you." Jungwon replied.

"Ah, this is Sunoo. You probably know him cause you are classmates right?" Jay said.

"Ah, yes. We actually talked earlier. Nice meeting you both." Jungwon replied and smiled.

"Ah, can we go now?" Sunoo whispered on Jay. Sunghoon locks his eyes on Sunoo carefully observing him.

"We probably should g-" Jay is cut off by Sunghoon.

"We are going on a date. How about you two come with us and make it a double date." Sunghoon suggested.

Jay's eyes instantly perked up. A date is what he really needed. plus, he doesn't really know what to do when facing Sunoo alone. All his thoughts came to a halt. He can make the cringiest, corniest jokes before playing with people's feelings but facing Sunoo he actually likes, he can't muster up any words or tactics.

Maybe it's better if they both went to date with Sunghoon at least, it won't be dead air.

"Sure. Are you okay with that? Do you have any plans?" Jay referred to Sunoo.

"Uhhhhh-" Sunoo is cut off by Sunghoon.

"I mean, if you two aren't really close to have a date then It's okay." Sunghoon provoked passive aggressively.

"Yes, we'll go." Sunoo replied while smiling intently at Sunghoon indicating he wouldn't lose this game.

"Great now let's go?" Jay asked.