Chapter 26

Sunghoon goes inside his room and grabs the ring. "Sunoo, we're- I mean, you're invited to Jay's party tomorrow. If you're down to it. We can go." Sunghoon talked to the ring.

He carefully caresses the ruby ring. He badly wants to see Sunoo. It's been a week since they last faced each other. He's itching to look at the genie's grumpy and sassy's face. He misses to tease him. He misses his laughs.

He misses watching Sunoo laying beside him with an angel face. How he wishes to get Sunoo back from the ring and just hugged him tightly.

Sunghoon eventually falls asleep while holding the ruby ring. A sense of comfort and safety bringing him to rest by holding the ring on his hand.

-----

Sunghoon carefully decided which one to wear on Jay's party. He doesn't want to go over dressed and also doesn't want to go under dressed. Not that he wants to impress someone because Sunoo wouldn't probably go there.

"This one or that one?" Sunghoon thought as he looked and picked carefully from set A clothes to set B clothes.

Eventually he picked the former. Only the reason because he decided to flip a coin and whichever it landed will decided his clothes.

He changes into a cool ensemble under polo shirt inside with a top of sweat shirt and a denim pants. After changing, he goes to pick the ring.

"Did you not really want to go at the party? or perhaps you would prefer to go at the party alone. I really don't care as long as I can face you right now. I'll just drive you there and take you home after the party. I'll just stay here at the condo. If you really want. Just come back please." Sunghoon said.

He waited for minutes but there wasn't reply. It seems like Sunoo didn't wanna come. He isn't going to force him if he really doesn't want to come.

Sunghoon kissed the ring and puts it back carefully on the table beside his bed. He goes out and drives on the way to Jay's house.

Even he's not yet at Jay's house, party lights and sounds can be heard far away. It already screams that there's a big party going on. As soon as Sunghoon arrived. He parks his car and went for the back entrance. Only for the closest friends and families.

He finds Jay, Jake, and Heeseung on a secluded table exclusive for them. It's to avoid unnecessary people coming over.

"Bro! It's good that you came!" Heeseung hugs Sunghoon.

"Yeah, it's good to be back." Sunghoon replied and says hi to Jake.

"Where's Sunoo?" Jay asked.

Sunghoon couldn't help but to feel irritated.
"As soon as I came, he looks for Sunoo. Is he fucking serious? Hahaha." Sunghoon thought.

"I don't know. He might not come." Sunghoon reasoned out.

"Ah, fuck. What a waste. If I'd known, I wouldn't throw this damn big party if he isn't here." Jay replied.

"What the hell? So you mean to tell me this party is all for him?" Jake asked.

"90 percent yes! and 10 percent for us to drink!" Jay replied.

"Huh? Why bother creating your own party here in your house when we could've just gone to your private club and invite Sunoo?" Heeseung asked.

"Look, I want him here. I want him in my house. I want him to be comfortable. Plus, he can sleep here if he gets drunk." Jay replied.

"HE CAN'T NEVER SLEEP HERE!" Sunghoon shouted.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? It's not like I'm touching him without his permission. Plus, he'll sleep on the guest room alone. You're making me sound like a rapist. Like calm the fuck down. I maybe a player before but I know how to respect consent." Jay replied with intent. Then left to go grab the drinks.

Sunghoon sits while dumfounded. All of Jay's words sunk into him. The word consent. A consent was what he should've done. But look at what he did. He kissed Sunoo forcefully.

"What the hell happened to you? Chill the fuck out." Jake said.

"I'm sorry. I'm just worried about him. That's all." Sunghoon replied.

Not five minutes after, Jay came back smiling with the drinks on his hand. "Guys! I have a surprise. Now let's drink cause I'm back in the mood." Jay shouted. The atmosphere came back. It came back lively. As so as Sunghoon.

They started to drink the tequila. Jake became the gunner. As they continued to drink, everyone is getting tipsy. Suddenly, Jay went somewhere.

"I'll be back with the surprise." Jay said as he went.

Heeseung, Jake, Sunghoon and some close friends continued to drink. They continued to chatter about things and topics. Some started dancing and some decided to sing slurred.

Not more than 15 minutes, Jay came back. "Guys, I'm back!" Jay shouted while holding a familiar hand. As soon as the lights hit them, Sunghoon clearly saw Sunoo behind Jay.

"My important guest has arrived. Let's give him a cheer." Jay shouted.

A handful of cheers went into roaring. Meanwhile, Sunghoon went silent. His thoughts only remained on his front. Sunoo - the person he like. He is grateful that he's facing him right now but he can't possibly get rid of the displeasure knowing that Jay got Sunoo first out of the ring instead of him.

Sunoo's eyes landed on Sunghoon and made contact. Their eyes entangled. Sunoo shifted his eyes and went to greet everyone in the room except Sunghoon.

Sunghoon gets up and grabs Sunoo's wrist away from them. They went to a more secluded place. Jay was about to stop them but Sunoo mouthed him that he'll be back.

"I'm glad that you're back. You could've told me so that we would come here together." Sunghoon said joyfully.

"Don't bother." Sunoo replied timidly.

"What's with your outfit? Why are you wearing a revealing tank top? Your nipples are about to show. Can you change your clothes? plus, you're shorts are really short. I'll buy you right now. Let's go." Sunghoon said.

"No, what the fuck. I refuse to change clothes other than what I'm wearing right now. I like this one and no man can ever change my outfit just because they don't like it. I dress not to impress someone." Sunoo replied.

"Are you still mad at me? I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. I still can't forgive myself doing that to you. I swear, I won't ever do it again." Sunghoon pleaded with teary eyes.

"I'm here now right? That's what matters the most. Now let's go back." Sunoo replied dismissing his apology.

But the truth is, he already forgave Sunghoon. It must be because the guy has been through so much that he feels disconnected with love and kissed him impulsively. But a mistake is still a mistake. He wants to teach him a lesson.