Chapter 36

When Sunghoon woke up, he immediately felt the cold of being alone. His anxiety spiked up when he saw no figure of the love of his life. His Sunoo, his genie.

"Sunoo? Sunoo?" Sunghoon called out. Unfortunately, nobody responded. He started to look for him on the bedroom, and on the bathroom. But there were no traces of him, only his clothes and his things.

Sunghoon felt a cold sweat on his forehead. He started to panic. But then, he remember. Sunoo might be in the school. So he hastily goes to the school.

Only to find out that Sunoo, a transferee student doesn't exist.

"What do you mean, doesn't exist? He was literally enrolled here at this school." Sunghoon argued with the professor.

"Mr. Park, how many times I told you that he's not enrolled with my class! You are wasting my time. If you want, you can check the records." The professor replied as he refute Sunghoon's statements.

Sunghoon went to the records, "Hi, can I have the info on Kim Sunoo? A transferee." Sunghoon asked.

"Wait a minute sir, I'll have to check my resources." The male attendant replied.

Sunghoon waited for a minute or two, until the attendant spoke. "I'm sorry, sir. But I can't seem to find the transferee student Kim Sunoo. He might been using other name, or he simply wasn't enrolled here." The attendant said.

"What? How can it be? He literally went to the class of my history teacher. Can you please check if someone entered on professor clark's class midway?" Sunghoon asked.

"I'm sorry again sir, but the only transferee you have in that class is Jungwon. I can't seem to find that Kim Sunoo you're looking for." The attendant replied.

Sunghoon started to get ballistic, he asked people who apparently knows Sunoo and they all said the same thing. "I don't know him."
Sunghoon is starting to get crazy, he can't be delusional right for imagining things.

Sunghoon went to Jungwon, he's one of the people who knows Sunoo formally. "Hey, are you okay?" Jungwon asked while looking at a frantic Sunghoon.

"I need you to answer this, do you know this person? Do you know Sunoo?" Sunghoon asked as he shows a picture of Sunoo smiling.

"No, I don't. Why? Is he your relative or something?" Jungwon replied.

Sunghoon couldn't help but breakdown. He starts to run away from Jungwon and goes anywhere wherever there's no people. He wants to be alone.

As he sits on a vacant room, his suspicions have been confirmed. The Sunoo everyone knows doesn't exist. It seems like everyone forgot him like he didn't exist.

"Why does only me remembers you? What happened?" Sunghoon asked himself.

He starts to call the person whom Sunoo got close with other than himself - Jay.

"Jay, can you come here alone at the room xx. I badly need to ask you something." Sunghoon called in the line.

"Sure, I'm coming." Jay replied in the other line.

Not more than three minutes, Jay arrived alone at the vacant room.

"What's up?" Jay asked.

"I have to ask you something and I need to tell you the truth." Sunghoon said.

"Sure, shoot the question." Jay replied.

"Do you know this guy?" Sunghoon asked as he shows his phone again with Sunoo smiling.

As he waits for Jay's response, Sunghoon's heartbeat is frantically wilding, if Jay forgot him then it only means one thing. He is crazy, and delusional.

"Yeah, I know this guy!" Jay replied.

"You know, right! Thank god!" Sunghoon exclaimed relieved as he knows he's not crazy enough to hallucinate a Sunoo, let alone a Genie.

"So what do you know about him?" Sunghoon asked.

"Well, he was your tutor right? I didn't know tho where he went." Jay replied.

"Huh? He was my tutor? Didn't you know about him-" Sunghoon stopped immediately after knowing that Jay's memories are fumbled and distorted for some reason.

"What? Ah never mind, can you introduce me to him. He's my type. Hahaha." Jay said.

Sunghoon immediately left, and did not utter a single word to Jay after that.

"Wait Sunghoon! I was just joking!" Jay said as he feels confused if Sunghoon is mad.

Sunghoon immediately went back on his condo and still found Sunoo's things at his place. His body soap, his toothbrush, the pictures before he disappeared, the left over pasta, and even the ring.

"Where are you Sunoo! I'm going crazy!" Sunghoon shouted.

As he sits down on the sofa, he feels a something below. He grabs it and finds a note. A note from Sunoo.

"Hi, Sunghoon, I can't tell these things personally what I'm about to share to you right now. I don't have the courage or the capacity to tell break it to you that I've done my purpose as a Genie. Your wish is now granted, as what our pact is. Even being with you for a short time as a human, I never regretted any of those. You gave me love, you gave me happiness, and especially, you gave me home. You are my home Sunghoon. I wish I told you this sooner, but I can't break someone's wish again. There are so many times I have failed to grant a wish, and it's because they were greedy wishes. Wishes that I as a Genie with no actual powers can't grant. It's a punishment from the creator one. I'm sorry that I had to pick myself first before you. I'm sorry that my desire for to become a human again has hurt you. Has hurt both of us. You're the first guy, I ever loved. And I will continue to love. You're also the first guy, I ever cried on. You have made an impact on my life for such a short time. I'm sorry that I lied to you, it wasn't my purpose to hurt you. But I can't see you begging me to stay. I have always disappeared after granting someone's wish. I wish that I could be with you, I wish that we could travel, eat, and make memories more. But please remember this Sunghoon, even though everyone thought I didn't exist. I would hope that I would still exist in your heart. Because I will never love again, if it's not you.

Love from, Sunoo.