ᴡᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ ꜰᴜɴ ʙᴇɢɪɴꜱ

The story continues from the night when Raghav gifted the diary to Nithya.

Nithya read the diary again and again. Every time she read it, her eyes welled up with happy tears. She knew that Raghav loved her, but his words touched her heart and showed his depth of love.

She didn't know when sleep overtook her eyes. She slept in the wee hours, hugging the diary close to her heart.

Hearing the knock on the door, Nithya sleepily opened her eyes and dragged her feet towards the door. She found her parents standing there with a smile which turned into a frown on seeing her state.

"Were you still sleeping, Nithya?" Tharani asked her.

"Yeah ma.. I'm gonna continue my sleep. Good night." She yawned and walked back to bed.

"Nithya! You are getting married in two days! Do you remember that at least?"

"Yeah.. I'm feeling sleepy but I remember everything."

Tharani and Subash looked at each other and sighed in disbelief.

"Nithya.. we are here to talk to you. " Subash told her.

"What do you want to talk about?" Nithya asked him, not leaving the bed.

"First go and wash your face. This is very important." Tharani ordered. Nithya looked at her father and he nodded her head in agreement. She was completely disheartened, but she couldn't deny their words too. So she got up and went to the washroom.

Nithya wiped her face and came out from the washroom and her mom was ready with her coffee.

She grabbed her coffee and started drinking it. Her parents were patiently waiting for her to complete it.

"What's it pa?" Nithya asked her dad.

"You are going to another house. We want to talk about it." Subash replied.

Nithya chuckled and said "Pa . . I'm going to stay in the next block. If you call my name out loud from the balcony, I'll come there. Then what are you going to talk about?"

"This is not a joke Nithya. You are moving into that house as their daughter in law, as Raghav's wife. That makes a huge difference in everything. We let you lead your life as per your wish, but from now you should start thinking about others too. At times we both have felt like we have given you too much freedom. But only you can prove us wrong." Tharani explained.

Nithya moved toward her and hugged her mother. "Maa.. I understand it. I'll never let you both down."

"You have always thought about everything from your perspective. Henceforth you should think about Raghav and his mother's perspective too. If something feels right to you, might be wrong to them. We are not too cruel in telling you to do everything as per their wish. But at least explain your views and make a decision which makes peace for everyone." Subash added.

"Raghav's mother already loves you so much, and we both are happy that you've got such a wonderful mother in law, unlike your grandmother." Tharani said glaring at her husband and Nithya laughed.
"You should treat her just like how you treat me. She is already an inspiration. So whenever you feel low tell it to her, she will guide you."

Nithya just nodded her head with a smile, thinking about her relationship with Sharadha.

"Who is Raghav to you?" Subash asked her.

"What question is this pa? He is my fiance and in two days he is going to be my husband!"

"What was he to you when we were in the US?"

"He was a good friend to me. Why are you asking me?" She asked curiously.

"Even after marriage, you should treat him as your friend. You were so close to him, so you shared your insecurities with him. Never forget that. He is always your friend first then your husband. If you have this in mind, your life will be peaceful and happy. Raghav is a gem! We all are lucky to have him in our family. " Subash said with a blissful smile.

"Yes pa.. I'll never forget that he is my friend. But tell me, do you believe in this logic of being friends with your wife?" Nithya asked him.

" I believe in it. And that's why I'm telling you..." Subash replied confused.

"Then why are you preaching me something that you're not practicing? If you treat mom as your friend, then why are you both arguing on each and every thing." She asked with a wink.

"You!!" Subash playfully twisted her ear and Nithya grinned.

"I'll miss you both. And I promise you now, I'll be a good wife and daughter in law." She said and hugged her parents.

They spent some time happily talking about Nithya's childhood antics and dramas.

Nithya's extended relatives arrived there and kept her busy the whole day. She didn't even get time to text Raghav. Same lies with Raghav, as Yazhini and Anitha kept eating his brains by asking him to shave off his beard. He finally gave in and trimmed his beard lightly.

In the evening they had planned for a mehandi and haldi function in the terrace of Nithya's house. Raghav and his relatives reached there on time and got settled.

She wore a pretty yellow salwar and minimal jewels to enhance her beauty.

Sindhu, Yazhini and Anitha took Nithya to the terrace and made her sit in the middle. The guys brought Raghav and made him sit opposite to her.

He smiled at her and Nithya experienced something that she had never felt in her entire life. SHYNESS. The way Raghav looked at her and smiled, giving a glimpse of his dimple made her feel so shy, even to look at him. She blushed and looked down immediately.

The elders applied haldi first, followed by the youngsters, who played with Nithya and applied Haldi

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The elders applied haldi first, followed by the youngsters, who played with Nithya and applied Haldi.

When the elders finished the rituals and went to arrange for dinner, Raghav took the haldi and applied it on her face. Their gang hooted for them and teased.

"Wait a minute Raghav, I'll call aunty and chithi here." Sindhu teased.

"Yeah yeah! Athai should witness how naughty her son is." Yazhini added.

"Can you guys please keep quiet?! With your loud voices they will surely hear us and come back here." Raghav pleaded.

"Mr Raghav, do you think that we will leave you both easily?" Shravan asked him and Raghav's eyes widened.

"What are you up to?" Nithya asked them.

"If we tell you both our plans now, there won't be any excitement. Just go down and have dinner peacefully. And after dinner please make sure you come back here with your parents." Vicky informed them.

"We can't believe it, Vicky. I'll go down and bring them on time. In the meantime you guys get prepared. And I'll send your food here " Sharavan told and dragged Raghav and Nithya towards the staircase.

They both were clueless about what is going to happen next.

To Be Continued.
Please share your reviews (◕દ◕)