ꜱᴀʟᴛ, ᴘᴇᴘᴘᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ꜱᴘɪᴄᴇ

Raghav and Nithya came back home after their honeymoon. Sharadha and Nithya's parents had also reached home after their temple tour.

It was time to get back to their routine life. Nithya was going to her hospital and Raghav had also started going to the office.

Though they both were busy with their work, they tried to find some time to spend with each other.

One week had passed without any hitches. Raghav's workload had increased and so he had to work even on Saturday. He decided to stop writing for a while and continue it when he gets free.

Nithya had a day off, so she decided to spend it with her mother in law. They both were talking and cooking lunch.

"Athai, how was Raghav during his childhood? Was he a well behaved kid or a notorious one!" Nithya asked her curiously.

"How do you think he was?" Sharadha turned towards her.

"Hmm.. a well behaved one?" Nithya guessed.

"Why do you think so, Nithya?"

"I just guessed athai. Was he really one?"

"No never!!! He was the most notorious kid ever!! The worst!"

"Is it so???"

"Yeah... Until he went to school,I had to run behind him throughout the day. I was doing my course as well right, so it was so hectic for me. And if I drop him at Sindhu's place, that's it. They both would start fighting and turn the whole house upside down." Sharadha told her, remembering those days.

"I can't believe this!" Nithya replied laughing.

"Why would I lie to you? But after he went to school he started understanding things. At times he would behave naughtily, but that's only with me."

"Aww okay athai."

"So how were you in your childhood?"

"I was the most obedient girl you know!" Nithya said with a smirk.

"Aahan! Then why did your parents put you in a hostel?"

"That.. I wanted to become a doctor right away, so they put me in a hostel where I could study well."

"Hmm hmm.. your parents told me everything about you. How you would threaten them to do things,  including how adamant you were in childhood and all. You're no less than him, Nithya." Sharadha said and Nithya cheekily grinned at her.

"When is he coming home?"

"I don't know athai. I was sleeping when he got ready. He just told me that he is going to the office." Nithya replied. "Didn't he tell you?"

"No ma. He just had coffee and left. I asked him about lunch, and he said he'll have it from the office."

"Oh okay athai." Nithya replied and continued to cook.

They both had lunch together, and Raghav called and informed them that he had lunch and he will return home at night. Nithya decided to clean her wardrobe while Sharadha took a rest.

Raghav reached home at seven o clock. He went to his room and found it empty.

"Maa.. where is Nithya? Has she gone to the hospital?" Raghav enquired about his wife.

"No da. Didn't she tell you that today is a holiday for her?" Sharadha replied.

"Then where's she? She's not in the room."

"Relax boy! She was feeling bored here. That's why I asked her to meet her parents and come." She informed him.

"Oh okay."

"Most probably she will be having her dinner there. Do you want to go there or do you wanna have one here itself?"

"I'm tired ma.. I'll stay here." Raghav replied.

"Okay. Go and take a nap. I'll cook dinner for us." Sharadha replied and walked inside the kitchen.

Nithya was getting restless at her house. She had gone there because Sharadha insisted that she visit them. Her parents were happy to see her, but her mind was about Raghav only.

"How is everything at the hospital, Nithya?" Tharani's voice brought her out of her thoughts.

"Good ma. As the patient count is increasing, they are planning to add an extra shift. Don't know how it's gonna be." Nithya replied.

"Hmm. How is Raghav doing?"

"He's fine. But now he is very busy. He had taken more leave for the wedding and honeymoon, now he is trying to complete the pending works."

"Work stress is one big headache for us more than them." Tharani spoke and walked off towards the dining hall.

It was around 8 PM, but Raghav hadn't informed Nithya about his arrival. When she called him, his number was switched off. She was starting to get worried.
She called Sharadha to enquire about him.

"Hello athai."

"Haan da tell me."

"Has Raghav reached athai? I called him but his mobile was switched off." Nithya asked her worriedly.

"He reached home an hour ago Nithya." Sharadha informed her in shock.

"What??"

"Yes da. Didn't he inform you?"

"No athai, he didn't inform me."

"Ohh..he said he was tired. He is sleeping now. Did you have your dinner?"

"No athai, will have now."

"Okay da." Sharadha replied and ended the call.

Nithya was even more worried now. From morning, she had been wanting to spend time with him, but he failed to inform her when he reached home.
She had dinner with her parents and left immediately.

When she reached their home, Raghav and Sharadha were having their food.

Raghav noticed her but didn't speak a word to her, not even a Hi. Nithya also stayed quiet.

"Athai, I have to go to hospital early tomorrow, I am going to my room." Nithya told Sharadha.

"Okay ma. Good night."

"Good night athai." Nithya smiled and walked to her room. She lied on the bed and  tried her best to sleep, but she couldn't.

After a few minutes, she heard the door getting opened. She knew it was Raghav, yet she pretended to sleep.

"You're awake." Raghav told her but she ignored.

"Talk to me Nithya." He told her sternly.

"What do you want?" She asked him back as she sat on the bed.

"Why are you ignoring me?"

"Me? Am I ignoring you? It's you who is ignoring me."

"What did I do, Nithya?" Raghav asked her furiously.

"I just had leave today, and I was waiting for you the whole day. You didn't even care about me right?"

"I didn't care? I came home and searched for you. You left your parents house without even informing me." He accused.

"Do you want me to give you minute by minute updates? Don't I have the right to meet my parents?" She yelled at him.

"It's not what I meant, and you do know it!"

"Can't you drop a message when you reach home?" She asked him.

"Can't you drop a message when you go to your parents house?"

"Fine! It's my mistake! Good night." She shouted and lied on the bed.

"We aren't done talking!"

"I am done!" Nithya replied furiously.

To be continued.