ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ʙᴇɢɪɴꜱ

Raghav and Nithya woke up after a short nap. They had tea and snacks with their family and started getting ready to leave for Chennai.

Though they both liked the place very much, they could not stay there for long, as they had a life in Chennai.

Nithya bid bye to her relatives with teary eyes. Even her parents were emotional to leave from there.

Raghav and Nithya had planned to travel in one car, and the rest of the family and friends in two other cars, just to give privacy to the couple.

The journey started and Raghav looked at Nithya, who was browsing through her playlist to select the apt song for their journey.

"Are you okay, Nithya?" Raghav asked her and caressed her cheek gently.

"I'm fine Raghav. Don't worry." She replied with a smile.

"That's good!"

"Do you want me to drive?" Nithya asked him.

"No, just two hours right.. I can manage. You said you're tired, wanna sleep for a while?"

"What are you even talking about! First drive right after the wedding and those guys have let us alone surprisingly. Instead of enjoying it, you're asking me to sleep??" She asked him exasperatedly.

"Hahaha! Cool darling. I just asked whether you wanted to sleep. I didn't want you to sleep either." He replied with a chuckle.

"That's good for you." She said and turned towards the window.

Raghav drove the car at a medium pace, as he wanted to utilize this beautiful opportunity with his wife. The climate added evenmore beauty to their D-Day!
It was pretty cool when compared to other days and it was time for the sunset. The sky was filled with a beautiful reddish orange color and the birds were flying back to their homes happily.

"This is so beautiful!" Nithya complimented looking at the sky.

"Yeah; let's take some pictures?" Raghav suggested and she was too happy to agree. He parked the car near a tree and they got out of it.

They both clicked a few selfies under the tree and spotted a small hut. Raghav took Nithya there. An old couple were selling tender coconut to the trespassers. He bought two tender coconuts and clicked a picture with them too. He clicked a few solo pictures of Nithya too. As it was getting late for them and their family would be worried, they decided to start their journey.

"Raghav?" Nithya called his name slowly as they both got into the car.

Raghav looked at her and understood what she was thinking.

"Yes Nithya. After many years, even we both will look like them. Our appearances might change, but our love won't change." Raghav said with a smile.

Nithya moved towards him and leaned on his shoulder. Their journey of love started again.

Finally they both reached their apartment at 7 PM. Others had already reached there and had been waiting for these two.

"Why are you guys late? Everyone started worrying about you both." Sindhu asked them.

"We just took a break in the middle." Raghav shrugged.

"I have been informing you from time to time. Then why are you behaving like we had lost our track?" Nithya asked her sister.

"Let's go inside and continue your talks." Aravind hurried them and led everyone in.

Sharadha took Arthi again and welcomed her inside their home. Raghav and Nithya were getting bored, as they had repeated the same rituals. She took Nithya to the Pooja room and asked her to light the lamp, as a symbol of bringing light and joy to the family. Next, she was asked to boil the milk.

Tharani, who would turn the house upside down if the milk overflowed from the saucepan, now was eagerly waiting for it to happen . Nithya mentally chuckled at seeing her mom's excitement. As an answer to her prayers, the milk overflowed and brought a smile to everyone's face. They had an early dinner.

The girls took Nithya to another room, to get her ready for her wedding night. The boys took incharge of decorating Raghav's room.

Raghav was talking to Nithya's parents as he didn't know what else to do. Suddenly he felt like a stranger at his own house.

Nithya's parents gave her the mandatory advice and left from there. Sindhu's parents also left along with them.

Raghav went to his room after escaping from the non stop teasing of his best friends. He was stunned on seeing the decorations, as his friends had completely changed his room.

After a few minutes, Sindhu and Yazhini brought Nithya to his room. She was blushing and looking down. They both closed the door from outside. Nithya was dolled up in a saree.

"Finally they all left from here." Raghav sighed.

"We both enjoyed teasing them during Yazhini and Sindhu's wedding. Now they're taking their revenge." Nithya laughed.

"Yeah yeah! I'll go and change my dress. This silk shirt is suffocating me." Raghav said with a frown, making Nithya laugh more. He took out his track pants and t-shirt and went inside the washroom to change.

When he came back, he found Nithya sitting on the floor in front of her two big trolly bags.

"What happened? Why didn't you change your saree, Nithya?" Raghav asked her as he stood beside her.

"While I was packing, I had put my comfort wear at the bottom of the bag. Now I am clueless in which bag I had put them. I don't have the energy to open both of them and check them out." Nithya told him sadly.

"Oh no! I should have told you earlier."

"What?"

"Come here." Raghav held her hand and took her to the wardrobe. He opened it and Nithya's eyes went wide.

"Amma had guessed that you would not be able to unpack immediately after coming here. So she had asked Sindhu about your preferences and bought a few clothes for you. And don't worry, she had bought some nightdresses too." Raghav told her.

"Wow.. that's so thoughtful of her." Nithya replied feeling touched.

"Yes, Nithya. Now go and change your dress." He said and she took out her dress and went inside the washroom.

She came back and saw Raghav waiting for her.

"Are you comfortable in this?" Raghav asked her.

"Yes Raghav. The fit is perfect!" She replied with a smile. "I'll go and thank her and come." Nithya said walking towards the door, and Raghav held her hand.

"You can thank her tomorrow too."

"Someone told me yesterday that if something feels right, we should not postpone it?" She asked him with a wink.

"Maybe today is an exception for it!" Raghav said, making Nithya smile.

To Be Continued.

Do share your reviews.